Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Level Design Contest Entries.....Your Chance To Play Them!

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 06:23 Edited at: 26th Aug 2006 01:11
OK, I know everyone's been waiting for this list of entries to test out themselves; so without anything further, here they are (Winners listed first).

1st Place: Disturbing13

2nd Place: Candle

3rd Place: Higgins

The Runners Up:

BenjaminA

Xplosys

Luke314pi

OJA

I hope you have as much fun playing these levels as we did. Thanks again for all the Contestants, and the Prize Donors.

Happy Hunting.

-Keith

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 22:11
Ive already played D13's a while back, just played candels game and I thought it looked like a quick 1 day job, which made me feel a little frustrated.

Most of you probably think Iam a mean person, but come on, you cant be serious that he got 2nd?

Iam just a little angry after what I saw and the fact I spent ages on my level.
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 23:03
yeah his looked a bit quick but it was funny and i thought yours was very good but i couldnt finish it and the hands and rifle were good so at least you got a place

super cool timmy turner has fairy godparents and i am not a mad science teacher i am a real boy so FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 13:06
Higgins, while I haven't actually played any of the Runner-Ups just yet (downloading Benjamin's), it could be that Candles got 2nd because his was the only one to have a true swarm feel, albeit short.

Of course, having not played the Runner-Ups I can't be sure that his is the only one.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 15:04
He had a long hall way leading to the little monsters that jon made, which all spawned at once.

Wave based games would be when the enemies spawn, and make their way to the player from a distance. Because your meant to be in the centre of the level while the enemies come for you.

Its over now, and I just think some of the judges didnt understand what a wave based game was.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 15:51
Well, Higgins, you're right. What's done is done, and I suppose that can't be changed. That said, all of the submissions were excellent and I hope to see a handful of excellent submissions in any following competitions.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't played them, but i'm just downloading yours, Higgins, and Candles and D13. I'm sure all of them will be excellent ^^

Tom

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 22:46
Here's my crit. All of them were excellent so I will go through them all.

Disturbing13, loved your game. It lagged a bit but that's probably just my computer. I liked the custom weapons and I found the sniper rifle. The enemy characters were good and the giant monster scared the crap out of me. For some reason I couldn't complete the game. I thought it was very clever, the way you had to walk across the edges of the walls to get the sniper rifle. All in all it was a very good game.

Candle, the custom media made the game look good but it was just too short to really enjoy. I killed all those erm, things but as soon as I killed the last one the game ended. If it was just a bit longer then I would of enjoyed it.

Higgins, this game was brilliant. I played it more than once, thats for sure. The redneck, american theme suited the game well, an I liked the players constant remarks "whats that there smell?". Great voice acting. The enemies made me jump quite a bit sometimes, and I liked puching them. The level was well designed and you made good use of custom media. My brother played it as well and he thought it was better then the others.

If I was judging by myself I would of given these places (without favouring anyone in particular.

1st Place: Higgins

2nd Place: Disturbing13

3rd Place: Candle

But of course that is my personal opinion.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 01:31
Quote: "Great voice acting."

Thanks! LOL.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 17:58
Voice acting was thanks to D13.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 18:52
I wonder if the judges votes should be made public or not? I like the way Rich (Opus Games; and others) dissected the games with their strengths and their weaknesses. For the record I placed Higgins in 2nd.

I'm just really happy to have recieved so many great entries this time around. It looks like I'll be running this next one; which D13 has deemed to be "Horror, with a Puzzle aspect". I'll brush up on the rules, and solidify everything (except the prize pool, which is usually fluid). I'll try to have everything posted by my B-Day (Sep. 2nd), both here and in the OG forums.

As I've said before, the OG site is changing quite a bit; I am almost finished with all the custom graphics/pages (members have been seeing WIP screenshots for sometime now). I will try to incorporate (with the help of The Old Man) a button/section on the main page to take you to all the official instructions/submission page. Until then, everything will be in the forums.

I hope to make this one even better. As D13 has chosen to be a judge this time, he is exempt from entering the next competition and will be taking my place as a judge.

-Keith

silly duck wit skillz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 19:36
i played dj13s and it was to dark to see anything.
Lukeirado
Years of Service
User Offline
It was possible to see almost everything.

Adjust ur brightness settings =D

Great game, dj13! I will now test the others

"My life flashed through my eyes... It was really boring."
Lukeirado
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, and a detail... At dj13's you need to give headshots on the big monster.

"My life flashed through my eyes... It was really boring."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:00:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:00:11