Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / A question on modeling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 16:25
Does anyone know if you can put a counter on a gun that keeps track of the bullets, so like every time you click the mouse you shoot and the counter counts 1 down for every click. something like that. then when you reload it refreshes, so it's like the Halo assault rifle counter pretty much.

Also when i try to use lithUnwrap it says i need to triangulate my model, can someone help me with that, plz?
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 17:00
you could animate it that way. and every time you reaload a clip it starts over. maybe animating would work. So my tip:

animate it that way.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
=adamW=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 17:16
and the lithunwrap part-in the tools menu there should be a button that sais triangulate model use that to truangulate the model

hope that helped

-adam

YesS-getting the hang of modelling!!going ot be able to contribute to the community!!
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 19:06
i think you could make a script for it, so that if ammo=10 then texture=10.tga or however u script fpsc (that was javascript, lol) i dunno how u might do it tho.. its still an awesome idea tho!!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 19:53
only way i can think of doing it would be to have a weapon that doesnt move at all, even when being shot, and have your ammo counter positioned on top of where you want the display. As far as I know there is no way to use a script to change the texture of an object.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 19:54
Quote: "As far as I know there is no way to use a script to change the texture of an object"

what about with some switches where you push them and they change colors?

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 19:59
hmmm not sure bout that, but it could be a possibility unless those models have 2 sides and the object just flips, I don't know.

Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 21:29
Thanks adam for the help. But Disturbing 13 when you mean doesn't move at all does that mean it doesn't really sake at all? It just shoots? Maybe Jon might know, or one of the mods
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 06:16
The only way I can think of with FPSC, is to either create an animated .GIF (which to my understanding has yet to happen) that you can apply to the weapon; or you'd have to script it so that every time you fire, the entire texture changes (or a secondary texture changes).

-Keith

Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 07:58
hmm, not quite what i was thinking of but i could try something, i probaly won't be able to do it. But sure

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:36:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:36:36