Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Help texturing my segments

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 17:45
i cant get my textures into the FPSC segment editor. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 18:01
If your meaning they dont show up but you know there in that folder, try naming your textures like the ones from the tutorial. I forget the real names but like F_a_01_a.tga or whatever it is. You'll have to look at the tutorial files that come with the segment creator. For some reason my textures didn't show up in the editor when named with my own scheme, but did if I named them like FPSC textures. This may be a problem with it being a "house" tool.

Hope this helps
Loc
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 08:01
i would recomend using signs2, it's better than segment editor in my opinion. with it, you can make signs (of course), floors, walls, and rooms, just by importing textures, and it does all the work for you.

3.2 Ghz PD Processor, 2 GB of (667 Mhz) RAM, 10,000 RPM HD,
ASUS GeForce 7950 GX2 (1 GB of onboard video memory)
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 09:56
Quote: "cant get my textures into the FPSC segment editor."

While you have the texture browser open click the F1 key and you will see all the support graphic file types.

Now for Signs...If you download the lite version and create a room take an in game screen shot and post it here. Post here what you like about the program or what you don't like about signs and I will give you the full version of Signs 3.1.0. In fact I will do the same for 3 more people. Only the first 4 people that do not currently own signs are eligable. http://www.fpsconline.com/signsiii/signiiiLite.exe
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 11:49
Wow, tschwarz I'll give that a go I'll need a bit, as I will have to read over the manual.

Regards
Mark

Surfin' The Apocalypse
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 17:21
Well seems things have changed for signs. Last time I tried this product the outside corners were a lil screwy. Only thing Id do is allow the user to chose the meshes. Decals are fine but sometimes there no accounting for geometry.

I had to post in bmp cause you caught me at a time i just reformated my comp and reinstalling all software

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 17:42
I'm so sorry for the above post guys but I wanted to post a ss of what I'd made in Signs lite 3. To be honest I never gave this product much of a chance mainly cause you cant choose different meshes. It is nice though and fast in comparison to the TGC segment editor. I know you could change the mesh in the folder Im sure but only way I can see to improve this at all is to give people the chance at different meshes. I guess this is no more of an inconvienance then the naming bull you go though with textures. This image is proff I just made this the signs have signiii test writen on um........had me in a panic to find my install disk. I won't post anymore bmp's so don't complain people.....it was a rush.

Hope this qualifies me.

Attachments

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 19:12
Locrian - yes, i agree more segment types are needed. the focus on this version was to allow the users to modify the overlay textures or add there own. You will get the full version. - thanks for the feed back.
mountain man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 23:54
I have to agree with Locrian on the segment types. Signs is a great program and it makes life a lot easy.Well worth the money.
I will be giving full credit on my game I am making.(even if I have to buy signs 3)Eveything in screenshot was made with Signs 3 except for the doors. I made this in about 5 min. Great program.

Attachments

kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 00:22 Edited at: 27th Aug 2006 00:24
Ok,

Pro's -

1. The manual is right on the money, after a quick read I felt comfortable using the program.

2. As for the program it's self, well I'm alittle ashamed that I have never used it before now (mainly because I'm not working with FPSC except for testing models till the updates come). I had been using TGC's segment editor and I gotta say that I will be changing over to Signs.

3. Overall a great program, easy to use, fast and does what it says.

4. I really like the On The Fly abilty. Meaning that I can leave FPSC running and create or mod a wall, floor or whole room and it's there when I'm finished, without restarting FPSC.

Con's - (no real cons here just suggestions for possible future updates)

1. I agree with Locrian, about the ability to choose the mesh would be nice.

2. Also it would be nice to allow the user to add custom sounds (walking sound)

Like I said no real con's to speak of, just suggestions.

Regards
Mark

Surfin' The Apocalypse

Attachments

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 00:55
mountain man, I need your email to send you the full version. you can send it to fpscuser@gmail.com.

I lived in evergreen, co up in the mountains a few years back. I remember the elk, the squirrels that look like gremlins and being pelted with hail the size of golf balls. good skiing and fishing too
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 01:08
Ok, that is the three give aways, the forth is reserved for 5hunter6 because I hijacked this thread. But, I did answer the question first.
GIR UNIT
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 04:29
Well to me I suggest you get MagicFPS it's really easy to use, but cost 14.95 (http://www.uberdroid.com/fastfps/)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/saysitall.jpg

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:36:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:36:46