Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Brian's Upcoming Model Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 20:21 Edited at: 20th Feb 2008 02:31
Hey everyone, I have been working for a few weeks on a giant pack to help out everyone with their FPSC projects. Included in this pack is...

Textures:
-Over 50 different textures all seamless and 512 x 512 pixels
Signs:
-over 15 Signs, different shapes and sizes
Models:
-TV
-VHS Tape
-Frosted Flakes
-IPod MP3 Player
-Coke Can
-Deck of Cards
-Washing Machine (texture needs work)
-Tide Detergent
-10 different crates (different size and colors)
-A cardboard box
-soda machine

First Screenie:

A few of the models close up...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 20:22 Edited at: 26th Aug 2006 20:27
Second Screenie:

Here are the crates...

Edit: Just noticed that I need to fix the transparency on the edges of these crates.

Attachments

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Third Screenie:

Here are some of the models and some signs.

Attachments

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 20:50
Well, I have to tell you that a few of the models you are putting out are already offered for free, such as the cereal box, the washing machine (with a dryer). The Television is a cube primitive with the photograph of the T.V. on the front face, as is the washer. The crates look like they are only resized (or reduced) versions of each other. The textures as a whole could use some work.

The signs are pretty good, but unless you plan on making many, many different ones; there is a free version of the program "Signs" floating around, along with a few programs to generate the actual images that go on the signs (for free)...which you may know of.

On top of that, do you plan on putting these all in an installer? Right now, I really wouldn't pay for these at all, largely because some of the textures clash a bit with the stock FPSCreator media.

I'm giving you constructive criticism because you plan on selling these to the community without putting out any free media for everyone to check out first. Take it for what it's worth.

-Keith

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 20:53
although there good models, i wouldnt pay for them, if i really wanted something like this i would model my own like i modeled those consoles in the console pack i made, also i believe you cant sell anything with a registered trademark on it.

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks a lot guys for the suggestions. I am already working on improving lots of my models. I was planning on including some of the models I made for the community a while ago just for convenience. I am making a lot more crates and textures and improving the pack overall. Don't forget, that those models aren't the only thing in the pack. There is also over 50 different textures to use on segments which are already 512 x 512 and seamless.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 21:54
OK, well keep posting your improvements. It also helps to have a few in-game screenshots of your work as well; especially mixed in with a few TGC models, etc.

-Keith

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 22:13
KeithC makes a good point. There are a lot of people making "box models" and such that just don't go along with the stock FPSC media. (they look out of place).

If someone is making a custom game, they will more than likely make their own media. If you want to sell a "general media" type pack, the look and style is going to have to be compatible with the current FPSC media.

Also, your content looks like it came from Signs or Magic FPS. I'm sure you have some time and effort in it, but I don't see anything that any of us could not do. With a package like this, your strength will be saving others time with media that is compatible to what we already have.

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
I still need to correct the size of the washing machine, but here is a screenie that is possible with my model pack.

Attachments

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Most of these are on the board for free.

Ipod : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86108&b=24

Coke can: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86095&b=24

Good idea but you need to do some diffrent items.

Best of luck with ya project.
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Here are a few more screenshots of a game I am working on using Stock media, Wetham's industry pack, and my own entities and textures from my pack.

Attachments

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
heres another...

Attachments

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
and one last one...

Attachments

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 22:37 Edited at: 26th Aug 2006 22:43
@ s4real,

I didn't know that you made any of these entities. Im planning on many different entities besides my Ipod and Soda can that will hopefully be more original. I am also working on some more different barrels and boxes for this pack to.

@ Everyone,

I'm not sure if you guys are forgetting, but these models and signs aren't the only thing in the pack. There is also over 50 great textures that everyone can use in their own games.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 23:10 Edited at: 26th Aug 2006 23:13
Quote: "barrels and boxes"

Yay more cubes and cylenders. You do realize that your entire pack consist of these primatives? If your selling point is the textures then sell a texture pack.
I would expand beyond boxes and cylenders before I start trying to sell a pack of models. Try some completely non cube/cylender models. There's lots of stuff out there. I just have a feeling your gonna be awfully disappointed in sales.

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
This pack is more focused towards the textures because I know that my models are very simple. I just threw in a few models and signs I made if anyone wanted them.
Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
its illegal to sell that WAAAAAAAYYY TOO many copyrighted things on those textures of yours

- G 2x
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 22:35 Edited at: 27th Aug 2006 22:37
I thank all of you guys for the suggestions. I decided to take a little break from my pack to learn how to model. I made a simple spike and textured it, here is a screen shot of it in use...

PS: Yeah, I know this model is pretty simple, but I am just figuring out how to make complex models.

Attachments

Cheesy Good
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 22:42
Wow those r some awesome textures.
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
I just made another model, a little more complex. Check out the screenie...

I decided that I will release all of my models except the crates for free. The crates will sell with the texture and sign pack I am making. I am going to wait until I get a little better at modeling before I start modeling. Ill put up the free models soon.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:28:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:28:59