Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sprite making

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2002 16:11
Is there any 3D package that is good for making sprites that is easier than milkshape 3D. I downloaded it a few days ago and I can't do anything with it. Or if you can tell me where to go to find some tutorials that would be great too.

crossworksprogramming@hotmail.com
ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2002 22:20
depends on what you are trying to do. Milkshape3D can be great for somethings, and others...well, not so great.

When I do use MS3D, I maximize the one pane, position the object using the numeric keyboard inputs, and then take a screen shot. I then move over to photoshop and cut the image out (with no anti-aliasing), and then shrink it down to the predetermined height. From there, I just repeat the other steps and plonk them in the same file on a black background (so that you can have transparency).

Make sure you don't use antialiasing in your selection tools or you'll get fuzzies (the opposite of jaggies) on all your sprites.

-= i only do what my rice krispies tell me to do =-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:24:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:24:37