Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Members Beware of MT I: GPS You May Wanna Read This.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 05:20 Edited at: 27th Aug 2006 05:28
Some may be aware that I use Poser to do my high poly renders for splashes ect. Looking though Renderosity just moments ago I came across this page looking for a sniper rifle for a render.

Less then one week ago the member in this forum that goes by the name of "MT Inc" was sending me an email asking me to reduce the poly count on an item he'd made that was far to high for use in a game. That thread and him asking me this is located here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=87068&b=24
In the thread about my hud.

After doing a Google search I had no proof this wasn't his but told him this was our last dealing cause things didn't sound right. He asked in his letters if we could still be friends and that he was going to release this in a pack to sell and to please not keep a copy ,which I didn't being honest on my part. I also no longer have this gun and I've just reformatted so the emails are gone, but I see he's contacting Bond in his animation thread now.

He's wanting to use email as contact to try and mask his stealing. I didn't know GPS was into poser and even did a search on that and many other high poly sites to try and catch him in a lie. Sadly I didn't till now recognizing both the GPS logo and the gun I just last week reduced so this idiot can sell it(so he said).

If this member isn't banned please be aware you others that he's trying to rip of GPS and others. I find these people scum and ask the other members to be wary.

And to the staff this is undoughtedly 1000% the same gun I just reduced cause I redownloaded it to look at some of the details.....even the names exactly the same FN whatever cause thats what I Googled.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 06:07 Edited at: 27th Aug 2006 06:11
im afraid to say MTI, he is right, and i have been aware for a long time too, ever since you sent me that FN2000 model via email, when clearly you sent me the model with an already UV mapped texture and asking how to UV map...

another model sent to me, was an assault rifle off of turbosquid, i checked the polycount (and vertice count) and they were exact to the descrition, after stating it was a remake from a couple side reference pics. This model was also being sold on turbosquid, i should imagine its redistribution is a breach of the owners license

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 06:30
The sad thing will be that he will be selling these guns on other sites, which we can not stop him on. The only thing you can do is post around other forums warning members that their is a guy trying to get you to reduce high poly models to low poly for game use.

Iam kind of tired right now so I cant really talk more about this.

Ill check back tomorrow.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 06:58
Way it sounds to me, this turd( for the lack of a better word that I can use on this forum ) is going around trying to get whatever he can done on this to sell it. UV Mapping from Jon. Poly count from me. And finally tring to get Bond to animate or give him pointers on how to. As he wares out his welcome with each forum member he moves on to the next hiding behind emails.

If you haven't guessed MT Inc. ......

Banned or not, your finished here between the members.
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 07:01
Locrian, thanks for the heads-up. I've made high-poly Poser stuff for many years, and I check TurboSquid every now and then to make sure than none of it has turned up there for sale, but this is a new twist

I guess it'll keep on happening, and we'll just have to keep on rooting it out when it does. Fortunately, good 3D modellers seems to have a sixth sense for when something/someone is a bit 'iffy'.

Cheers mate

- Graham

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 07:02
Indeed, thanks for the nheads up Locrian.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 07:12
Graham,
Actually I feel horrible. See in his writing to me, I'd kinda said "yes" sight unseen. Once he sent it to me I did try and find it online but I was looking up FN F2000 on Renderosity and MaxRealms....all the high poly sites...I decided to keep my word cause I had no way to dispute the claim it was his. I thought the gun was named in a way I'd find it somewhere with it being so unique and named after a real weapon.......and I was wrong......I was looking up "rifle" when that poped up front and center.

Sorry man...but on the upside, it made a nice 1600 poly gun. It actually retained quite a bit of the detail*doh*
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 07:24
LOL, no worries mate, and BTW, getting my 10,000+ poly original down to a good-looking 1600 polys was a remarkable achievement. Just think of it as a good practice exercise in poly reduction

Cheers

- Graham

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 07:43 Edited at: 27th Aug 2006 07:45
Graham,
With your permission lets take the wind outta his sales(pun on words). You were giving it for free anyways. I'll make another low poly version and re map it and such, and release it here and anywhere we can think of. Only one way to screw a thief and thats to screw his chance at any sales. We'll offer it here....maybe maxrealms....where ever. I reduced it as 3 seperate parts then kept tweeking it till I had it to 1600 then attached the pieces. I bet I can get it in the mid to high 15's if I take more time then I did and offer a similar gun with lower poly and same quality textured.(edit: and thanks to CodeMaster, game ready too)

Man I hate thieves............
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 08:12
I thought he seemed like a reasonably nice guy...

offtopic- Hey GPS, or Higgins, I have been playing GTA: London lately and I have to ask someone from England to get the "official word." In that game, the cops commonly use the phrase "Ponce" to describe people, can you elaborate to me what that means? One of the main reasons I bough GTA: London off ebay is becuase it has the same car Austin Powers drive available!

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 08:33
Zaibatsu,
Theres a quote from Shakespeare's Mac Beth where Donalbain says it all.

"There are daggers in the smiles of men"
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 08:47
Quote: "Zaibatsu,
Theres a quote from Shakespeare's Mac Beth where Donalbain says it all.

"There are daggers in the smiles of men""

I'm no intelectual shakesphere type, what does that mean? that men are dishonest? that they have pointy teeth? and...

oh! in though you were trying to tell me what a Ponce was! Now i understand.

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 08:53
Locrian - good idea! Sure, go for it

Zaibatsu - er, this might help...

http://www.londonslang.com/

I didn't link directly to the 'P' entries because there a quite a few expletives there (so be advised - not work-safe!)

- Graham

MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 14:38
no i didnt i made that gun the polycount was different why are people so Jealous besides do you have any prove of it. i have never been to GPS's site i made that gun if you like it or not
MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 14:43
if you wont believe me i will send GPS my gun model before it was reduced and he will Judge if its his or not
MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 14:49
here is the original gun i made befor reducing it has about 3,500 poly look for your self here is the download.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 14:52
here is a picture

Attachments

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 15:11
Sorry MT, but i'm agreeing with locrain, as far as ive seen of him about these forums he is honest and apreciative, and he seems to have alot of evidence against your claims, also that model looks exactly the same as the one in locrains first post you also have no proof that you haven't reduced the poly count or even put a virus in the file! (not accusing) but im sure alot of people on this forum dont even know you enough to belive you on this, but alot of people will belive locrain bcause of the reasons above.

MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 15:21
im telling you if you compare his and my gun by wireframe it looks different im telling you GPS see for your self
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 15:30
OK, I downloaded both GPS's model off of Renderosity, and the model that MT Inc. submitted above (no virus). Here's a render of them both together (GPS's is on the left). The poly count is significantly different between the two (as is the look); GPS's is 21500 while MT Inc.'s is 3873. This, of course, is assuming that the weapon that MT Inc. presented in this thread is the same one that Locrain is discussing.

On a side note: I would be more inclined to believe Locrain for his responsability in the forums here; but also do to the textures you used without permission on the crates in your pack a little while back. I told you that because you did that people would be scrutinizing your work from now on.

I will be watching this further; if it's honestly your work then carry on, if it's not then you can expect "something to happen". You now have to save face, I suggest you take the time to do so.

-Keith

Attachments

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 16:26
Clearly, you can see GP's model is much better. I think MT might have used a model generator with the aid of images, because that model og his looks awful. The wire frame is really messy, I know I wouldnt use it while it looks like that.

MT, learn how to model the right way and dont cheat. If you carry on the way your going, your always going to suck.
MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 16:44
@KeithC
thank you very much for checking the two models

@Higgins
i made the gun from scratch i do know how to model although i do want to get better at modeling. i am still learning but i do know how to model. and i dont cheat all the guns and models i made and posted on my "upcoming model pack" post were made by me all of them.

cheers,

MTI
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 17:02
I cant understand why you used so many polys though. Weapons should be under 1000 polys (Tris), so if you have a weapon which is 3200+, your bound to get lag.
MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 17:12
@Higgins

because before i purchased FPSC i used to make high poly models with details which is why i asked Locrian if he can please reduce the polys on the gun but im doing my best to make a low poly model. but i do want to improve my skills and get better. mostly i want to imprve my texturing and animation skills.
cheers,

MTI
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 17:36
It should be pretty easy to see that the front of the gun on MT's is diffrent than GPS's. The diffrence in the barrel might be possibly caused by a poly reducer (I've never used one, all my models are low-poly to begin with ) but the area just under that has some diffrent geometry. The clip on MT's is also straiter from the looks of it, though I haven't opened the model myself (don't have time) and it's hard to tell on the picture. Course, those changes are both possible by simply modifying it...

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 18:58 Edited at: 27th Aug 2006 19:00
Thats not the gun he gave he gave me Keith. This guns differant....

MT it's to bad I didn't keep the emails.......I wish I had. Only now I'm on a mission to find out where this second gun came from cause the one you gave me wasn't 3500 polys and wasnt this....

You can thank Keith all ya want for checking the models cause thats not the model ya gave me I'll find it though......
MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 20:08
what thats the exact gun i gave you what are you talking about. OMG you are such a lier man and i though tyou were a good and honest man.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 20:25
This is getting out of hand and it looks more like a personal dispute.

One of you are lying and I my self have had the same argument with Tom, but on a different subject.

If I had to say which one was lying, I would go with MT, as I dont like his story.
MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 20:29
look if you dont believe me go to my thread i posted "upcoming model pack" and you will see an exact pictures of my FN2000 go ahead you will see same pictures. that should clear some stuff
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 20:29
higgins is right (again) this thread really should be locked now before locrain or MT Inc get banned, i would like to find out who's lying and see them banned, but there isn't enough hard evidence to proove either arguements

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:24:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:24:45