Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBP-Object does not exist at line 28.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 16:26
OK,i got this code:

THIS is line 28:

and i get this error:

Whats wrong with this?

FPSC-Toolkit in the make.Progress log:
FPSC-Segments 35%---FPSC-Entity 's 0%---FPSC-Signs 0%
FPSC-Decals 0%---FPSC Characters 0%
FROGGIE!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 16:38
That code looks ok to me, as long as the tree1.x file is in the right directory. Try running it in step-through mode (F7 instead of F5), just select step through and keep clicking on step program until it refuses to go any further, this line is where the program actually stops because it wont crash on a remark statement like it says it is doing.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 17:28
it wont run Step Trough mode here

and all media is in the right folder.

so i REALY dont understand DBP's problem...

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 21:10 Edited at: 27th Aug 2006 21:19
DBPro's compiler has some problems with returning wrong lines. Usually I find that the real line is some few lines above the wrong line. Sometimes it helps to check the temporary sourcefile that DBPro creates when compiling something. It can be found in your DBPro folder. In some cases, you can find the right line through that file.

But the problem is obviously that the object you're trying to load doesn't exist. Although you said that the media was in the right folder... So I'm not sure why it complains then.

Also, why do you place sync rate 60 in the loop? That isn't neccesary. Just place it somewhere in the top of your program. Just a place outside of the main loop, or any loop anyway. And you've forgot to place a "sync on" too, which allow you to decide the sync rate yourself. And when that is done... You will need a "sync" in the main loop.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 22:29
maybe,thats why DBP freaks out?

Noonster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 14:14
I had this same error popping up, only mine was saying "Bitmap..." instead of "Object" (even though I was not using bitmaps at all).
In my case, it was because I had the object (a small level) open in 3DWS. Once I closed 3DWS, the error did not pop up any more. Strange, since I would think that the object needing to load (a .dbo file) would not be affected by it's counterpart .3dws file being open in the modeling editor. Then again, I had just exported it in .dbo format, so maybe so

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:31:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:31:27