Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Part 1 of Creeps and Freaks just got an update!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 00:42 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 00:42
well looking at the direction im going with the Creeps and Freaks Packs I see that part 1 was a bit lacking in variaty of characters, so I decided to make 2 more to add to the pack. Never fear those who already bought the first pack will be mailed out the models today. Here are pics of the two new Characters added to the DrGas pack. The first is 'ToxicShoK' Who's a Toxic waste trooper form our not too distant future who just loves his minigun and cyber eye for targeting. Next we have 'SynoBite' from other dimensional Hell world where pain is pleasure and they "Tear your soul ....into itty bitty pieces" especially with his razor sharp needles embedded into his hands.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 00:43 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 00:43
pic2

Attachments

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 00:49
looks nice, good work

Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 00:54
nice
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 01:10 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 09:50
Thanks guys, I just felt bad that part 1's characters weren't as diverse as part 2's were. I felt it needed a bit more.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
D, you're making the next Gemstone game a little too easy...LOL

Formerly JMC...
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 01:47
Very nice

www.Disorder-Creations.com
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 03:09
Sweeeeeet!!
Cheesy Good
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 04:46
lol those guys r bad to the bone (in a good way)
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 07:01
@Gemstone Games - Good! I expect some awsome demos then

Glad you guys like

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 09:07
Ah, i guess yu have watched Hellraiser D13. Great movie, and great stuff D13!

My site is now updated with info and a teaser about my game The Peacemakers. My blog is now ready and i have written my first contribution!

Check it out now!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 09:49 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 09:51
Thanks and definitly, 100%, I have the whole series on DVD, big fan since juniorhighschool when they first came out. Have the comicbook series and a few of the holiday specials, even had a box once before it was stolen.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@D13:
Well, if they're not used in "Zodiac Warriors", they will most definitely be used in "Blood Hunt", which is my partner's main project. Both this and the Zomboy pack should work well with that idea.

@ricwid:
What was the point of that?

Good god, if you're going to make a post like that, at least make a new topic rather than distract from the current thread's topic.

Formerly JMC...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 23:01 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 23:21
@ricwid- Indeed, spamming is bad form

@Gemstone Games-cool deal I'll keep an eye out for it.'pop'

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 23:05
Ricwid, your post has been removed. If you wish to contribute, then by all means create your own thread. Spamming another users' thread is against the AUP and common courtesy.

-Keith

marty
Years of Service
User Offline
this bothers me, it might bother their lawyers more (but you ain't charging enough to make it worth their time...) just don't anyone use the creature in commercial ventures...

only the strange survive, make the familiar strange

Attachments

marty
Years of Service
User Offline
here's a little larger image so you can see the resemblance better...

Attachments

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 07:54 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 21:36
What's your point. The model is original as well as the texture being hand made and not rippied from that pic. I do admit I was inspired by it as well as many other sources just as that guy was, but my character has nothing to do with it. the mask was researched and put together from many different types of ww2 gasmask, and then finally I decided on a completely fictitious mask due to large pollycount;owners of this model can tell you that the mask doesnot accually exist. Im sorry but those people don't own the copyrite on bald men with gasmask and bad skin, I however do own the copyrite on Dr.Gas, not "mental patient that isn't even in the movie and just used for cover art" SO take your claims elsewhere buddy. You cannot create something these days that isn't similar to something that has already been created. For all your claims are worth they should be sued for false representation and useing likenesses from Dr.Satan-House of 1000 Corpses, or Corroder-ClockTower3, or any other Bald man with bad skin and a respatory problem. Here is my deal, I am a former butcher and have frequently worn exactly what Dr.Gas is wearing right down to the mask(realistic variation), and yes had shaved myself bald at the time to stop myself from going home smelling like dead animal all the time.So essentially the model is of ME, only the bad skin was inspired by that pic. I'de think about privately contacting someone before you attempt to discredit someone publicly. I think you owe me an apology. So if anybody has this model of ME and legally owns it, you have been given 100% permission to use it in a commercial project. Don't listen to this guy.

marty
Years of Service
User Offline
not at all my friend, its a ripoff plain and simple, save the talk for your legal issues later (if they materialize)... I owe you no such thing as an apology... get some original material next time!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 08:06 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 08:36
Your a piece of work amongst other things, considering I listed all my inspirations as well as personal experiences. Whatever.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 08:21
Marty, I have sent a letter to Pixar about your use of thier media in your forum avatar, be warned, you will be sued.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 08:33 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 21:37
Yeah dont buy pack 2 either cuz Mortictians and dead cowboys are going to want a piece of the cut too I guess I also try to make it very obvious these are stereotypes, I mean c'mon, 'Synobite' Think about it.

"Wheeerrrs myyyy cuuuuut!?"

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Legal issues?

Okay, let's say for five seconds that you have a point, that it WAS a ripoff. What else gets ripped off constantly and yet no one seems to have a problem with it?

Music....
Movies....
Television shows....
Comic books....
Radio programs....

So if you're going to attack him for a character that he designed, and unless you yourself plan to sue this guy for it, you might wanna get after Cherish, P.Diddy, and the other people who steal other bands' samples for their own work, as well as cover bands. It sounds to me like you're trying to cause problems, and considering how long this pack's been out, if he hasn't had problems yet, I don't think the people you're talking about really give a crap.

Formerly JMC...
marty
Years of Service
User Offline
hey look, there's a difference between sampling and inspiration and plagiarism;

suppose I am inspired by Phantasm and decide to do a tall creepy mortician type of character, that's cool, so long as he doesn't look too much like the character from Phantasm...

suppose I want to do a Beatles or Zeppelin remix, that's cool so long as I just don't leave the tune the same and forget to pay the owner of the copyright...

suppose I want to pay Disturbing 13 4.99 for his pack and decide to make a "commercial game" with it and get sued by the publisher when they find out its a ripped off character, that's NOT cool...

pointing out plagiarism is not an attack, its simply saying "hey I was walking through the video store and saw a cover of this movie that looks JUST LIKE that cool model I saw on the forum..."

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 16:25
Marty, do you understand copyright issues? or are you telling us what you think copyright is?

If your just a kid, you cant honestly be spending your time looking up copyright on characters, dont you have any thing better to do than pick on people for designing a character?

Cartoon companies always rip off characters. They look like who they are meant to be, but have a different name and a funny voice. So are you going to email every cartoon company about ripping off a character?
marty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 17:20 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 17:29
As a matter of fact I DO understand copyright issues. I have taught at the University level in Graphic Design, Advertising and Illustration for the last 20 years (which is why I am spending a little bit of time to try and educate you, the younger generation, where the ethical lines are.) You don't copy a piece of artwork that someone else did and claim its yours then charge for it.

Look at Gravematter for a good example of how it might be done. He included a Lamentbox from the Hellraiser series. But he was careful to let you know that the copyright was held by the movie studio and not him. This doesn't get him off the hook by the way. Some big studio with a bad attitude could get upset and start a lawsuit. What usually happens is that a "cease and desist" order is issued. Which means that they can't sell that product anymore.

Usually if I find out a student has plagiarized something they get an F (or since I really am a nice guy I let them redo the project with a lower grade.)

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 19:12
The list of inspirations for this model goes on and on, from the Chemdogs of Warhammer 40k models, to the Brotherhood of Mutant Chronicles charachters, and Uncle Fester from the adams family, to many many other movie characters for that matter all bearing the bald head and gassmask.The list goes on and on; There are countless pieces of media that have inspired me for this model that I have seen over the years, all very similar as well as personal experience in the my former profession. But I made sure it is different enough from all of them to sell as my own. As I said before, noone holds the copyrite on baldmen with gasmask and skinconditions, if so allot of people will have already have been sued right now just from the few examples I have listed. I already admitted that this model was also inspired by the cover of the dvd as well as many others. I draw my inspiration from many sources, as do many other people all around the globe. But to accuse someone of plagerisim is nerve. You've said your piece and I've said mine.

Mods, Lock this thread so my work is demeand no more by this person.

marty
Years of Service
User Offline
You're welcome to be as upset as you want, but its too close to the DVD box and you know it... its just by way of warning to you, no one is going to sue you in all likelihood but its a ripoff just the same on YOUR part... I haven't demeaned you at all, you did that all by yourself by taking the easy way out in designing the character. Try that out in the real world and you end up with lawyer issues.

Higgins, it didn't take me anytime at all to find that box at Blockbuster, it was right there on the shelf. I wasn't attacking him for a character he designed because he really didn't design it.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 19:52
Can you look over my Iron Face character and see if that is copied from any where?
marty
Years of Service
User Offline
I saw the Dr.Toxic character a while back and admired it quite a bit. I thought someone is really talented and has got it going good with this character design thing. Now that I know the rest of the story I think a little less of Disturbing 13. (Do you get it yet Higgins?)

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 20:10
You done? Because now your attacking reguardless of what you say.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 20:28
marty fits into those groups of people that are hated by society like traffic wardens and people who get kicks out of making other people's lives a misery. He's probably going to finish life as a miserable, hated old man.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com.
Talk about anyhting (gaming, game making, general chat)
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 20:35 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 20:36
Disturbing 13 is right -- no one owns the copyright on bald men wearing gas masks. If they had made a "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" video game and Disturbing 13 had ripped the model directly from the game, then yes, that would be a breach of copyright. However, just being inspired by this among other characters does not violate any copyright.

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 20:39
isnt it cruel how artists are not allowed to be inspired anymore

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 20:42
indeed, all muses are dead and replaced with lawyers,lol

marty
Years of Service
User Offline
oh, will you PLEASE stop attacking me? (LOL) look if you can't take the heat, then you stay out of the kitchen right? its a brutal business this thing of art and creativity... better ole disturbing gets his feathers ruffled a little now and doesn't get fired or worse later, I'm already an old man and hated by most people (ha, hah!) I'm not even asking the mods to lock him down or ban him like any of you young whippersnappers do to each other, just showing him the "ropes" (before he hangs himself). As you guys are so busy defending him, why not think about the poor schmucks that shelled out 4.99 for a copy character from a bad Lovecraft movie thinking they were getting good original art? Don't hear you taking up THEIR side. Let's shoot the messenger instead! (hah, hah,) just a bunch a lightweights that's all...

lighten up everyone, do good original stuff and you won't ever see me darken your threads again (hah, hah!)(NOW I'm done, as a matter of fact I am going to turn myself over to get the other side done... ttfn...)

you guys are riled up too easily... gotta' toughen you up a bit...

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 21:00
all you really achived is a revival in the intrest of this pack wich was pretty much not selling any more, resulting in more sales in the last few hours for both my packs. LOL so go ahead accuse away, I can use the money,lol. Infact accuse me for every pack I do when it's post is buried,lol.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 21:07
Marty, since you started this copyright crap, D13 has had an increase in sales. So no matter that you come up with, hes the one coming out on top, even if he is a little frustrated having some 60 year old guy make him feel small.

Thats all you are, a bully. You cant see what you are doing, but you are bullying D13 with your copyright crap.
Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 21:09
lol, What a joke marty is.

Anyway, I like the names, they are really funny! And the models look great, as always!

I used to have one of those signs, but then realized how annoying it was...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 21:11
Thanks Paper Assassin, Glad you like!

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 21:53 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 21:54
nice, i might buy this pack eventually, when i have enough money

@marty
It is now virtually impossible to come up with original ideas, also i find things that have been inspired by other stuff are brilliant because that's what inspiration is!!!!!

(also the pics only just resemble each other there are loads of differences!!)

The Day will come when humanity ends.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 21:56
Thanks Screwed Over, I look forward to seeing anything you create with it.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:03
Disturbing 13, could I use your cultist model in my level for the horror game competition? I'll put you in the credits.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com.
Talk about anyhting (gaming, game making, general chat)
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:26
sure thing that one is free to use in any way.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
See, that's the hilarity of this whole thing--by Marty trying to discredit D13, not only has sales of the packs gone UP, but now he's also got a commission based on what he's been able to do with said models.

I guess the old addage is true, the more controversy you cause, the more income you generate.

Formerly JMC...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:35
LOL couldn't have said it better myself

marty
Years of Service
User Offline
I want 10% commission...

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:38 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 22:42
il consider your work a donation and you can use it as a tax write off,lol

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:43 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 22:49
You know you've been pwned beyond belief when the only argument you have left is that you want commission for a person's pack selling...and you tried to accuse them of ripping someone else off in the first place!

And trust me, Marty....you're not worth my six bucks.

Oh, and for the record...

Quote: "I have taught at the University level in Graphic Design, Advertising and Illustration for the last 20 years (which is why I am spending a little bit of time to try and educate you, the younger generation, where the ethical lines are.)"

For someone at the University level, you sure seem to have some grammar issues given half of what you've already posted. I'm 24 and I'm already typing better than you have in a good amount of your postings.

Someone needs to go to school here, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it's me.

Formerly JMC...
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:47 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 22:49
Consolidated, feel free to delete this post.

Formerly JMC...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 10:32:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 10:32:45