Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Part 1 of Creeps and Freaks just got an update!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:50
lol, it's ok man I think he's done.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Aight, I'll lay off.

Formerly JMC...
marty
Years of Service
User Offline
here's all the english and law lessons you need right on the back of the DVD package, notice it reads "Program Content and Package Artwork (c) 2004 Visceral Pictures" it was distributed by Lionsgate, you should send the extra money you make to these guys they might need it...

only the strange survive, make the familiar strange

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 03:11
You need a good slap, Marty.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 06:33
Marty said:
Quote: "I have taught at the University level"

You don't 'teach' at university level, you 'lecture'...There is a difference...

Marty your argument is flawed on so many levels. You have also made it abundantly clear that you do not understand copyright law.

Quote: "Program Content and Package Artwork (c) 2004 Visceral Pictures"

As for this he used neither the program content nor the package artwork to create his model or texture. Marty you should read: http://www.publaw.com/graphical.html as you may or may not find it interesting. While it pertains mainly to graphical characters like bugs bunny the law is the same. Also read:http://www.publaw.com/fiction.html. After reading these carefully you will see that you are wrong... PLAIN AND SIMPLE...

Case closed... The end....

Now unless you have something useful to post to this community don't bother at all.

I don't want to see a FPSC Professional!
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 06:39 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2006 06:40
Quote: "here's all the english and law lessons you need right on the back of the DVD package, notice it reads "Program Content and Package Artwork (c) 2004 Visceral Pictures" it was distributed by Lionsgate, you should send the extra money you make to these guys they might need it...
"

Don't tell me you rented the movie just so you could scan the cover...

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 06:59
Wow, it's a good thing there's someone who teaches University Level Graphics here lecturing everyone on the law. I once went to a presentation by a professor who was visiting from the University of Cairo on a Fulbright Scholarship. She gave several lengthy presentations on affairs in the Middle East; during which she gave several references to the Turkish people in relation to Arabs, which was rather condescending. My professor and her husband (who was an Engineering professor at the University) decided to give a "follow-up" discussion on relations between Turks and Arabs.

There were several generalizations that the Egyptian Professor made about the situation in Iraq in particular, which I felt were not representative of the current situation. When I asked her when the last time was that she visited Iraq, she said she hadn't been there in several years. I told her that I had been back from Iraq for less than a year, and I felt she was wrong in her assumptions. She, of course, began to hash out the reasons why I didn't understand the current situation (which she had no actual knowledge of...other than what she saw on the news). It was actually pretty amusing.

Did I mention that back in Egypt, she taught French?

Now let's take this current situation here; and let's assume for a moment that "Marty" has a point. I believe that all of the games now in production, and those that are on the shelves at stores, which contain models that represent the soldiers and weapons of various nations; be cancelled or pulled from the shelves, since it's doubtful that most of them received permission from the weapons and uniform manufacturers while populating their games. While we're at it, let's head on over to Turbosquid and inform the artists at large that all the models of vehicles, planes, and people that either emulate real machines/people; or actually replicate these entities...need to be deleted from the database.

In fact, TGC sells models that were actually used in World War II; let's get them while we're at it.

OR...

We could return to our senses, thank Mr. "Marty" for his input, and go about our business.

Oh, by the way, Prof. "Marty"; since you're obviously well-read on rules and such, perhaps you missed the one in the AUP (Sections 3.11 and 3.12) about harrassing other members. You should really read it; it's the reason you just got slapped.

Have a great day.

-Keith

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 13:53
Thanks Keith, one less annoying git to worry about, besides me, when I start posting with the wrong side of my brain.
from gspace to FPSC
Years of Service
User Offline
Very NIce D13!!!!
You have great ideas!!!!!

Dan

Daniel
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 20:16
Thanks, glad ya like!