Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Not actually sure where this post belongs...RPG Maker like programs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think TGC should design a RPG maker, i mean they developed FPSC, so why not? The only competitors i can find is the PS2 RPG maker crippled by Sony's lack of creating any kind of distribution system, then there is a RPG Maker which seems pretty good(i am demoing now), but it's 2D only. I know these guys are probally busy as hell. I am just curious if anyone else agrees with me.
/Steve

PIII866MHz,384MBsRAM,GeforceFX5200Ultra,WindozeXPhomesp1
Bahamut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 19:10
Umm, it would be great and all, but an FPSC is alot of work. RPGs are infinitely more complex. To make a 3D RPG maker, and have it customisable enough to make original games is incredibly difficult. Plus, I'm sure TGC have enough on their hands with FPSC and DBP.

DBP is capable of making RPGs far better than any generic game creator anyway.

IceBound Melodic rock/metal band with loads of lead guitar, clean female vocals, and more guitars! What more could you want?
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 22:25
If you learned enough you could make it. I would try, but I don't play turn-based RPGs enough to understand them, personally, I don't like turnbased ones much.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 15:58 Edited at: 29th Aug 2006 15:59
After Geisha House is done I'm going to release the editor. It's 100% scripted. It will be visual, similar to the Realm Crafter editor, but more comprehensive.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:22:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:22:22