Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Regarding the origins of the FN F2000 mesh by MT Inc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 06:07
As things were starting to get a bit heated, I decided to do some research of my own.

My task was made a little easier by the fact that there are very few FN F2000 meshes available, it's not a very easy weapon to model.

I ended up here...

http://ankalar.com/index.htm

and downloaded an FN F2000 mesh complete with an excellent texture. Below is a comparison of the mesh I downloaded, and the one MT Inc provided on this forum.

If MT Inc is Tim 'ankalar' Mahoney, then we own him an apology. I have to say though, that I have my doubts...

From ankalar's website:

Who the heck is ankalar?

I am ankalar, and yes it's a weird name. No, it's not my real name. If you must know, my real name is Tim Mahoney. I like long UV mapping sessions on the beach and romantic, candlelit pixel parties. I'll add more here when I feel zany.

How can I contact this "ankalar"?

Well, if you use e-mail, AIM, MSN, ICQ, or IRC then you can contact me! Surely, out of all those internet messaging mediums, you use at least one. If not, then I feel sorry for you.

From MT Inc's profile page:

i am 13 years old i used to love playing all sorts of games but lately i think im making more games and models that i actually play games.

i have about 2-3 years of modeling expirience
2 years in texturing though i still trying to "master the art" of UV Mapping
and about a year of animation expirience.

i am using milkshape its not one of the best programs in the world but i get everything don eventually. hoping to get 3ds max.
im taking my inspiratios from my favorite games wich are counter strike, far cry, Quake4, doom3, and a lot more.

Perhaps the quickest way to resolve the issue would be to contact ankalar, but hopefully that won't be necessary.

- Graham

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 07:35
Well, barring me personally obtaining both models, and comparing them (which would imply that GPS is lying, and I don't believe that); I'd say you've got some explaining to do, MT Inc. The only other alternative is to be banned for an excessive period of time.

I try to tell people that come here not to pirate other artist's work (especially poor Psionic; I think even the programmers can spot his work now); you will get caught, it's that simple.

I'll give you to tomorrow to respond. It had better be good, or don't bother coming back (in which case you will be banned).

-Keith

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
They look different to me, one is tan, the other is blue.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 08:34
Funny.
While I am no uber master modeler it appears to me that the guns are the same...color notwithstanding.
Ripping off someone's work is not cool.
Some of the stuff I have made may look like crap but at least I made it.
Quote: "I'll give you to tomorrow to respond. It had better be good, or don't bother coming back (in which case you will be banned)."

You're batting a two for two here.If Keith doesn't ban you I will.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 11:40
i looked at both,and placed them over eachother,actualy.theyr identical...

and for comparising the texts and informations.there is NO identical part as what ive found...

we got someone who try's to get profit of others work here...

FPSC-Toolkit in the make.Progress log:
FPSC-Segments 35%---FPSC-Entity 's 0%---FPSC-Signs 0%
FPSC-Decals 0%---FPSC Characters 0%
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 15:16
Then it is true, us modellers have a 6th sense about people lying about 3d models. I still would give him a chance to respond, not to save his neck, but so that I can laugh at the little kid for lying some more.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 05:22
Looks like he's not coming back.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 05:26
MT Inc. is now banned; and this thread is locked.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:20:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:20:43