Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Character Maker????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
[img]null[/img]

Character Maker

It looks pretty exciting for a person who has given up on the idea of using a 3D program, etc, to make a character from scratch.

What's happening with it?

Render & Dismember. Dehumanize Society With A Digital Death Deity.
Gehngis Kahn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 18:50
I was wondering about this too. I'm thinking about uninstalling POSER 5 from my machine...

POSER takes up a lot of room, and at this point I'm not even sure what format is best for importing 3D models for character usage, and I don't know ANYTHING about getting them to animate in FPSC yet.

Character Maker would make it much simpler.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 20:59
You'll have to ask Bullshock.

Cheesy Good
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 21:33
If I get my hands on it I'd love to use it
Havok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 21:41
It doesn't generate characters in a drag and drop fashion, I believe it just makes it easier to get the characters in game. You still have to model the characters, rig and animate them, UV map them, and texture them by yourself. There is no real easy way out.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 22:03 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 22:04
nope, thats not what its designed to do.

What it does is simple, you can open an FPSC charecter, or one of the ones that will provided (or your own if you know how to model) and this program lets you customize it. put a hat on it, a backpack, a helmet, pretty much anything thats included or that youve made yourself.

You can change the pants, shirt and faces on the chaerecters that come with the program, but because FPSC charecters are all mapped differently, it wont work on them (atleast i havent figured a way to do it yet)

It also comes with an ADDON MAKER, which lets you add your own items to the program.

anyway, heres a screenshot of the addon maker and me puting a HALO helmet on the berzerker from darkmatter:

and i know i spelled "view" wrong, i just havent changed it yet.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
nice, is there a release date?

Project FPS - started development.
Deadly Pixel Society
Years of Service
User Offline
The Character Creator looks sexy! Sure, I was hoping that it would be kind of like Poser in that you can create characters and add some preset animations to 'em. But the idea to modify FPSC is brilliant as I'd want to add my own look to 'em.

But having said that... Does anyone know how I can use Poser to generate characters? Are there any tutorials?

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 00:54
It's illegal to use poser meshes. The sole purpose of poser is to render 2d images.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 01:07
Code Master is right.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 01:41
no release date yet...

production has been slow lately, because the media guy seems to not be availible.

i cant do all the work im not that great at modelling and textureing plus i dont really enjoy it, so i have someone else do all the media for it.

NOTE: the AI and BERZERKER models are for showcase only (and because the media guy dissapeared) and they will not be included in the final product.

Deadly Pixel Society
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmmm... Apparently, it is possible to use Poser based characters. Their site says that it can be used for Flash animations, illustrations, comic book characters and 3D games... I believe it is possible to export in the DXF format (which I presume is the .X format, is it?). As of yet I cannot find anything on their site that states you can't use if for games - not to say that it isn't there... I haven't found it and I hope not!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 21:53
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=84248&b=24

Deadly Pixel Society, read it...embrace it...become one with it....its reality.
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 22:14
First time I've come across that post, Locrian - as a newbie modeller, that comes as quite an educational wake-up call; thanks for linking back to it.

<-- Quietly disposes of "MakeHuman"... we shall never speak of it again... goes back to making a polygonal mess with GameSpace...
Deadly Pixel Society
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Deadly Pixel Society, read it...embrace it...become one with it....its reality."

Well, that's cleared that 1 up... Ok, @ the risk of getting on everyone's tits, can you guide me to a tutorial that is suitable for someone that knows absolutely nothing? I would imagine that you, BullShock and Bond can point me in the right direction. You people certainly know your stuff... I'm looking for a step by step guide.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Gehngis Kahn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 03:38
Bullshock. In (even simpler) layman's terms, does this mean that the purpose of the program will be to extract characters from FPSC, then swap bodyparts stored in the Character Creator library and re-import them into the game?
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 07:50
basically it means that you can take charecters provided with the program ( there will be 8-10 availible at launch) and add hats, helmets, backpacks, change pants, shirts, faces, skin color, almost anything.

ive not found a way yet to be able to edit the existing FPSC charecters, because they all have diferentiating UV maps, where as all the charecters in my program will have the EXACT same UV map, so swapping cloths would be easy.

Gehngis Kahn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 22:52
VERY nice

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 10:31:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 10:31:58