Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Glow light from object?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, is there any possible way to make object glow, like neon light in the dark for exaple. ??
please help!

(Sorry for the bad English)
deathAngel
Years of Service
User Offline
I wonder, is there any possible way to make object glow, like neon light in the dark for exaple.

(Sorry for the bad English)

Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
are you using fog for the dark?

Your english isn't bad!

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 03:16 Edited at: 13th Apr 2003 03:17
The easiest way is to create a point light and then, every sync, position it at the same coodinates as the glowing object. This should give the impession that your object is giving off light because it will illuminate surfaces nearby.

However, if you don't really want your object to be a light source, but instead something that just has an aura effect, then you'd use objects with the ghost command applied. Depending on the object in question, you'd either use fins, billboards or volumetric objects to provide the effect. All the these techniques basically require the use flat plains with gradient textures applied to them, angled in the right way as to seem 3D. The best example I can think of are the corona effects that you see in most modern FPS games - that effect is done with billboards.

Of course, you can always just remove an object's sensitivity to light. This is done with the set object command; poke around in the help files to see the exact syntax.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
deathAngel
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx for the help guys. x-d
and yes i'am using fog for the dark.

(maybe my english isn't bad, but it also not good: to much spelling mistakes when i don't do speell chek.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:28:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:28:36