Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Need help concerning modelling! Please read, shouldnt take too long to resolve!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 02:01
Hey all, and first off, thank you for reading!
Okay heres the deal... Ive made a model and is all fully textured (I did this in Anim8or)
When i come to export the model, I do so in 3ds format.. this is the problem... I did Evenging Eagles tutorial, and it turned out fine and dandy.. Great! But in AEs tutorial, he only used one texture... I have used several in mine and dont know what to do next (When it comes to converting 3ds to .x).
This is my first proper model, without tutorials etc, so I would very much appreciate being talked through these last fews stages. Of course once finished, It will be free to download and use.
Attached is a picture of the list of Textures, and next to it is the model
Hope to hear from someone soon!

Dan

(Sorry if there are any mistakes, i was typing fairly fast)

Weeee

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 02:04
if they are properly assigned within the model, then leave the "textured" variable in the .fpe blank

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 02:15 Edited at: 1st Sep 2006 02:16
Will i just need to drag the same file names as tgas into the entitybank/user folder when converting?
Thanks for the speedy reply as well!
Hail Corepak 2! Cant wait!

Dan

Weeee
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 02:30
err, yeh, put the textures in the same folder, they shouldnt have the full directory

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 02:35 Edited at: 1st Sep 2006 02:44
When i tried to convert into an entity it asked me for the texture name... I left it, and it didnt work.. what do you recommend?
Thank you for being patient, by the way.

Edit: Retiring for the night... ill check up tommorrow.. ty for the help Jon, i hope this gets sorted

Dan

Weeee
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 07:59
you put the textures in the sme folder as the model and specify no texture in the entity maker and it works, that what i did to get a helicopter fpsc ready.

3.2 Ghz PD Processor, 2 GB of (667 Mhz) RAM, 10,000 RPM HD,
ASUS GeForce 7950 GX2 (1 GB of onboard video memory)
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 12:12 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 02:09
Even when I i put all the textures in the folder (Same name as the jpegs while UV mapping, but in TGA format) it still didnt work.
See Attached (Screen while converting, and the folder with my model/textured ready to beceom entities)

Edit: No-one any tips?

Weeee

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 10:27:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 10:27:14