Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Getting Skyboxes into FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 19:09
I am looking for a couple of Beta Testers for SKIES...Easily add Skyboxes you create with Bryce into FPSC. So, if you have created a skybox and want to put it in FPSC quick, easy and want to test this little program please post here. It can also be used to put one of the free skyboxes that are floating around into FPSC.

Skies does not create skyboxes...it just puts them into FPSC. This is the second part, the first part was the video I created on how to create skyboxes using Bryce.

screen shot attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 21:31 Edited at: 1st Sep 2006 21:32
*Raises Hand*

I'll test.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 21:47
Thanks, I'll send you an email with some brief instructions.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 00:26 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 00:29
OK, got your email. I've got bryce5 but am yet to make up some sky boxes so I'll do it over the next 2 days or so. Your email says "so you can test on differant systems" so heres my stats on this comp(I can run it on 2 other comps as well if youd like for a wider range)

That should let you know whats going on and what updates this comp has. Talk to you in a couple days regaurding this.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 00:40
I'm going to grab Bryce 5 as well before the time runs out (along with Poser 5). Looks like a nice little program there.

-Keith

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 00:52 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 00:54
On the test with your provided material it worked perfect. Only thing I didn't like was the 3 letter naming scheme that your aware of and if you type 3 letters you cant backspace to change or you get the error. Delete worked but this may not do as you may have some people that don't figure out how to get rid of entered text.

Other then that it worked fine and did what it was intended to do with ease. I'll try it on my other comps with the supplied media and will let you know by tomarrow.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 01:11
Locrian, thanks for the update, I will fix the backspace key problem. I'm with you on the 3 char limit but, I just followed fpsc' lead. Once I know it's stable as is then I'll play around with using more chars. I'm just playing around in DBPro now to possibly create a preview screen. You can pretty much see when it lines up but, a preview might be nice.

Keith Yeah, I got Bryce and I've signed up for poser just waiting for their site to catch up. Poser appears to be a busy site and sloowwww. If you get around to creating some skyboxes and want to check out how fast this puts the skyboxes into fpsc just let me know.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 01:39 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 01:48
Re-reading your email I want to let you know my test was in a built game, not a test. And yeah I didnt have a problem seeing when it lined up. I was diddling with the rotate buttons. I'd make any image format TGC uses available myself. You know you'd have someone gripe cause the format they prefer isn't readily available.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 18:21
tschwarz,

I'd like to test your new software.

As far as previews go, perhaps there is a way you can incorporate the freeware software I used to create QTVR samples of my skycube packs. It's called GoCubic.

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 20:30 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 20:30
SkyCubes - that would be great if you would test it. I already wrote a preview for the skyboxes in DBPro and it appears to be working. BTW: Your skyboxes look really good in this program.

Send me an email with your current email address.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 08:45
OK tested on a Pavilion 752n/P4/256 and an old dell(harddrives hidden so don't see make, but I know it's P3). So worked as wanted, with stock media on all 3 comps I have. I didnt test in a game on those 2 comps cause FPSC isn't installed but the files worked fine when back here( just transfered stuff acrost network). Only seen the one problem really.

Need to know anything else? Not sure what all to test. It pretty much did what it's supposed to do with no problems. Played with all the buttons trying to break it.......works good
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 10:02
here is a link to some skyboxes, to try out the program with.

http://www.vaxwar.com/gamedev/media/index.asp

and I emailed you a newer beta with a preview option.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 18:52
OK BETA 2:

Not a huge problem kinda like before. When the 3 letter word is highlighted typing 1 letter should overwrite like it dose is the "Base Directory" text box when the text is highlighted.

Preview works fine though seems a little stiff...kinda ratchets which isn't a problem but probly looks less professional then a smooth pan of the camera.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 19:40
Ok, I sent out a program. Fixed the highlight, replace test problem. Thanks, a simple fix I just kept missing that one. I did tweak the dbpro code a little, so hopefully the ratchet effect if minimal.

Thanks again guys for testing and the great ideas, if they weren't implemented now it doesn't mean they won't be later.

Unless, I broke it with the latest changes, I think I'll call this a wrap.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 10:31:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 10:31:42