Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sliding Collision!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I can't figure out how to do 3-D sliding collision I have looked at some other 20 line games with it but is really confusing for a newb like me. I can't look at any of the tutorials because i only have the trial version. Could someone please post a quick non-confusing snippet of code on how to do this? Thanks!
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 22:08
there is a code on the darkbasic website go to create and then the new tutorials and its there hope this helps u>

Darkworlds are all around us
most of us are still half asleep
Current project : Creature tournament
Whisper Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
I looked there but I couldn't find an example on how to do platform based sliding collision. I'm looking to make a simple platform game, but I don't know how to do the collision for it. Could you please post an example snippet of this collision? Thanks.
xmen
Years of Service
User Offline
Try this out hope it can help you
Whisper Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 00:06 Edited at: 14th Apr 2003 00:07
Thanks a lot for your help! Exactly what I needed. I have a few questions though. I modified the code a bit so that you are falling. The collision boxes are off by quite a lot, though. Is there another formula I can use to get the collision box? Also, would I use a collision box for a model with a lot of polygons, like a human? Or something with a slope, like the top of a house? Thanks for all your help!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 02:10
a human you would probably use a box, as a human shape is pretty box shaped overall anyway. This is a prototype form of a platform game that I did quite a while ago, it shows how to do walking up sloped plains, sliding collision at any angle, between several plains at the same time, jumping and also a crappy climbing up walls thing that didn't work very well. There are some bugs in the code (you suddenly jump through walls when you dont want to). Feel free to use it all you want.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Whisper Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Awsome! Thanks everyone!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:40:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:40:45