Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im new to the FPSC forums, and I would like to ask for your opinions on the Weapon Maker on
http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Is it a good investment?
Cheers, Jonno
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 14:52
yes it saves alot of time

The Day will come when humanity ends.
GIR UNIT
User Banned
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 00:07
i think i might bye it

CANNONS PWN
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 03:25
does it allow you to import the model and texture and customize everything else? because if it does that will help because i dont know how to get my guns and stuff fpsc ready.

3.2 Ghz PD Processor, 2 GB of (667 Mhz) RAM, 10,000 RPM HD,
ASUS GeForce 7950 GX2 (1 GB of onboard video memory)
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 03:31
I don't believe it's done, it is still in EA testing phase, I bought the EA and I have been waiting for the final release to be finished for several months now.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 06:22
The EA version works and it is easier than doing it manually.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 07:32
yes, its not done, but i havent abandonned it..

i just dont want the release of V1 to be like going from V1 of FPSC, to V1.01

j/k

its been coming along slowely, im going to completely rewrite the screenshot taker thing, and the exporter code.

i am also looking into exporting weapons for other enigines such as DBpro code, or torque (which i havent really looked at).

all i can do is apoligise for the wait....

dont mean to jack the thread, but since were on this subject, has anyone had any problems with it besides the Vweap problem? i can only re-test the same FPSC weapons millions of times

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
So BULLSHOCK 2, is it as good as it says? Im completely useless at modelling weapons.

Will I be able to make the weapon, create the projectile and change the decal of the bullet hole and all of it be FPSC ready?
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 21:18
Quote: "So BULLSHOCK 2, is it as good as it says? Im completely useless at modelling weapons."

if thats the case, you probbably wouldent be interested. It doesnt make the weapon model for you, youhave to have a weapon model to load into the program, and from theire you can customize everey aspect of the gun.

Bulletholes depend on the material you shoot in game...

and as far as projectiles, i havent tried making anything to do with flack's such as rockets and stuff, but it may work.

Deadly Pixel Society
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It doesnt make the weapon model for you, youhave to have a weapon model to load into the program, and from theire you can customize everey aspect of the gun."

Ok... I take it that this model can be a static 3D model in the "X" format? Does the Weapon Maker then animate the muzzle-fire, reload, etc? I'm interested into buying the program. Perhaps you can do a video or something to make things clearer for newbies like myself?

Render & Dismember. Dehumanize Society With A Digital Death Deity.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 06:21
im sorry to strand off topic, but do you even know what anarchy is? if so i dont think you'd actually want it.

www.Disorder-Creations.com
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Anarchy? It = myself.
LOL...Doesn't it mean no controll, absolute chaos?
Quote: ""It doesnt make the weapon model for you, you have to have a weapon model to load into the program, and from theire you can customize everey aspect of the gun.""

I don't want it to make the gun...I can model the gun myself, But I can't animate it or texture it.
So I can use Milkshape then load the model I just made, then give it it's position and what have you?
So I'll be able to edit the projectile of a rocket launcher?
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 19:37
Quote: "So I'll be able to edit the projectile of a rocket launcher?"

Not with WCS as far as I know. With Weapon Creator, you may be able to in later versions. Just giving you options, I won't say anything more here.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 20:35 Edited at: 7th Sep 2006 20:37
Quote: "Not with WCS as far as I know. With Weapon Creator, you may be able to in later versions. Just giving you options, I won't say anything more here."

you really like compettition dont you

@anarchy now

W.C.S. is in an Early Adopter stage. buyers benifit from buying the EA because its cheaper than V1, and i can benifit, by having people to tell me what they would like in the program, and what doesnt work so i can fix it.

as of now, the EA doesnt currently support projectile weapons, but then again, neither does multiplayer. the version i have does have working flack weapons, but theire are some issues with FPSC not likeing another flak directory. When V1 comes out, W.C.S. will be 100% compatible with all types of weapons, and will be capable of doing everything FPE's and GUNSPECs are currently capable of doing.

Prior to using W.C.S, you should have the gun textured and animated. all my program does is lets you get iit to the position you would like it to appear in-game, and then exports the settings for the gun (such as fire sounds, speed, etc).

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, just what I need.
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Will I be able to make mellee weapons?

"The wrench...the blood...the bullets...the...the...FPSC SCI-FI PACK!!"
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 19:13
you know what would be a kewl option for the weapon creator is to add animated hands both right side and left side... probably left is better...
with and without gloves and different color hands...

oh oh who thinks they can build a slingshot with animated hands and projectile animation... and rock's and pebbles for ammo....okay so I got way off subject there... just a childhood memory flashback...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:51
Quote: "you know what would be a kewl option for the weapon creator is to add animated hands both right side and left side... probably left is better...
with and without gloves and different color hands... "

Weapon creator doesnt "Create" the model...it imports and lets you set some details in the files of FPSC.

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Two last questions about the WCS..
Is it possible to make that little picture in the right hand corner of the weapon with WCS?
And the last one; can I make it be able to right click, and rifle butt someone across the head?

"The wrench...the blood...the bullets...the...the...FPSC SCI-FI PACK!!"
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 22:05
it CREATES the weapons. thats all.

(1)No Melee
(2)No hands
(3)do you get my point

Lewis From OsborneCreations.co.uk
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 01:54 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 01:54
What do you mean no melee? It won't do the animations, But it likely will allow melee weapons.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 03:08
you set the properties yourself, so you could do melee if you wanted to.

for V1 im working on a "quick settings" menu that allows you to quickly pick a certain type of weapon, such as an assault rifle, or a melee weapon.

Quote: "Two last questions about the WCS..
Is it possible to make that little picture in the right hand corner of the weapon with WCS?
And the last one; can I make it be able to right click, and rifle butt someone across the head? "

yes, it does do screen shots, however im not entirely sure if its working properly in the current EA version.
and no, you cant righty click to do rifle buts, but if you animate that, and set it as a fire animation you could...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 03:50
This goes back to a suggestion I made a while back.
Make two of the exact same weapon.
One weapon will fire projectiles or whatever.
The second would have a melee attack animation or secondary attack such as a grenade launcher.
Since the weapons would look exactly the same it might be possible to simulate that it is the same weapon with alternate fire.
I could add a melee type animation to a weapon but I am not sure as to how or even if I could get FPSC to recognize ot or how to incorporate it into the gunspec file.

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
What is EA?
Im not smart enough to do all that. All I really want is for me to be able to position it, make a muzzle flash, an animation for reload, an animation for it firing and a few noises. (And of course FPSC ready)

I'll be buying WCS (if its buyable) in about one week. (As well as Milkshape and ECS Pro.)

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 17:15
is there anyway to turn the weapon, with in the view window?

Sorry for being of topic.

www.combatjunkies.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 12:25:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 12:25:55