Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 04:31
As mentioned in page four of the FPSC MOD sticky thread I have made some cool scripts with empty's Modification to FPSC. I have the downloadable demo on "yousendit.com" but I want to wait until tomorrow to give you all the link. My reason is because the website only holds the file for up to 100 downloads and I want to give Empty a chance to try it first. Please don't lock or delete this thread. I will add the link. Here's a link to some screen shots.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=87551&b=25&p=0

Nue B. or not Nue B. That is the question.
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 22:48 Edited at: 6th Sep 2006 22:52
It's Tomorrow everyone! And as promised, here's a link to download my one level demo Quarantined. In this demo I showcase unique scripts which where made possible by the FPSC MOD from EMPTY.

* Also I show case some great models from psionic3d.co.uk *
(A terminal and three plants)

* Be advised that this game takes place in a dark setting. The ambience is set to a value of five. to increase the lighting, use the decimal point. Furthermore, I only programmed the keypad script to read the five finger number keys, not the horizontal numbers at the top of your keyboard. For this reason, I'm not sure if the keypad script will work for laptop/notebook computers.

Press letter "O" to view the game objectives!!!

*** Yousendit.com only allows up to 100 downloads per file. So please do NOT download this from your work/school computers and then again at home. I want as many people to play it as possible.

Feed Back and constructive criticism is very much appreciated!
Please post questions and comments in this thread.
Thank you.

Nue B.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F30EF68518C14301&rcpt=blaqueboi@sbcglobal.net

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 00:27
i would, but sorry, i dont want to sign up just to download one file, why can't you upload it here? i think you can upload stuff 50mb and under. It should be less than 50mb unless you have a million custom models.

3.2 Ghz PD Processor, 2 GB of (667 Mhz) RAM, 10,000 RPM HD,
ASUS GeForce 7950 GX2 (1 GB of onboard video memory)
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 01:01
50MB is a tenative number.Really large files don't upload here well.
If you have made a demo with FPSC the best thing to do is upload it elsewhere and post a link in the FPSC forums.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 01:44 Edited at: 7th Sep 2006 02:55
#1 It's free to register on yousendit.com and you only need a username, password, and email. you don't get Spam or ads and you can cancel. I used that site because it's the only one I found that allows up to 100MB files for free. everyone else wanted $5-$25 per month... I'm not yet making money from my games so I won't invest more than nothing to let others demo them.

#2 Any quality FPS Game is going to be more than 50MB. In this demo I have one level and only one active character. Add enough static entities to call it a game and it still went over 100MB. The download is a zip file; about 68MB compressed and ~130MB
uncompressed. That's why I can't upload it on this site.

#3 No, I don't have a lot of custom models. But I actually spend time making my games, I don't just put a table in a room with a door and call it a game. Download it and enjoy.. Lets see if you're smart enough to complete the level.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 03:17
In addition to the 100 download limitation from yousendit.com, there is a seven day restriction. So if you were turned off by the narrow-minded comments of "Silent Thunder", don’t wait for reviews to start pouring in before you download your chance to try Quarantined.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 05:34 Edited at: 7th Sep 2006 05:37
Shame about the reg needed to get the demo as its a pretty good game,i think this will put a lot of people off downloading this.

Good:
Nice setup and the puzzle's are done well.
Great use of lighting and the rooms are set up very good.
speed is good and its fun to play.

Bad:

All preset stuff.

This game has been done before not very original
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 05:36
Quote: "So if you were turned off by the narrow-minded comments of "Silent Thunder" "

okokok, sorry.

3.2 Ghz PD Processor, 2 GB of (667 Mhz) RAM, 10,000 RPM HD,
ASUS GeForce 7950 GX2 (1 GB of onboard video memory)
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 08:17
Quote: "All preset stuff."

Not all. I had some new models and signs. I don't have any new wall segments yet.

Thank you S4Real for your comments.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Nue B :

Sorry you are right you did put new models and signs.
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 01:59 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 02:04
S4real, what did you think of the objective hud I made and the screen that pops up when you access the Computer?

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 02:03
** If anyone knows a better way of showcasing my demos please, do tell. I don't have a website of my own, but If you have one and would like to offer this demo as a download on your site you can. I just ask that you give credit using my forum name (Nue B.) and let me know where it can be found on your site. Thank you. **

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ NueB :

Yeah the game is very good and i liked the idea of it being more puzzle based than shoot ya way threw.

The oblective hub and the computer screen was a nice touch.

The only things i would change is the theme (zombie in medical unit) and have new textures for the walls.

But its a good game keep it up.
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 02:05
Thanks.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 02:12 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 02:20
well im chalking some of my gripes up to fpsc malfunctions, because I'm sure SOME of the stuff I saw in the demo looks like it had a greater purpose. Every time I got to the weomens bathroom I fall through the floor when i get in front of the chick, wich only stands up when i aproach her; if I back up she just sits back down. I have a feeling she might do more , it's just it's not functioning. I can honestly get nowhere in the game. I've scoured the area looking for a cd or key and I find nothing. I find a zombie that works but no way to kill it. Well, I see the way but I can't get in. The only thing I see that are brought to attention really are the advertisements for religious lituature wich doesn't seem to have a function for the game but 'glow' like they should, but don't function in any way. I was beginning to think this was just an advert for them. Ive managed to smash windows with a chair as well as the vid camera, but that's all. The guy in the room doesn't react and there's no way to get in. But as I said I'm chalking it up to FPSC misbehaving, because I found no puzzle elements as described above.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 02:19 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 02:23
LOL! In the bathroom, the falling through the floor is a result of bad modeling of the stall segments no offence to TGC. The lady and the man are used in the rest of the game... In level two the ladies comes to you and asks for help finding her father, you then have to return for the old guy, kill the zombie and move on with the game. This is why the zombie can't yet be killed. there is a gun to slow him down though. If you kill the innocent you lose the game. There are puzzles. The key and the CD are there, you must look harder. And the books are not to advertise but I figured it's a hospital waiting room, there should be Magazines.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 02:21
I'll just throw it out there! The key to the office is in the dirty toilet. Have fun.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 02:23
Quote: "In the bathroom, the falling through the floor is a result of bad modeling of the stall segments no offence to TGC."

Yeah , That's what I figured.
well I heard mention of a mission screen and I get nothing, so I'll scour a bit harder for the cd and such.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 02:25
Quote: "well I heard mention of a mission screen and I get nothing"
Are you talking about the Objective box? it should come up in the bottom left of your screen when you press the Letter O

It goes away after a few seconds.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 02:46 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 02:47
got it but fell through the floor before i did,lol. For the floor deal I would make my own floor segment useing the standard floor segment and it's fpi as a base with the texture from the pack to alleviate that problem. Plus when entering that room the only concearns are getting out because of the zombie, so I would put the zombie further back and entice the player to come closer some other way. Perhaps also putting some writing in blood or dare I say excriment on the wall above the toilet saying something along the lines as 'inside' 'salvation' or 'key' because there is no real hint to where the key is. Maybe even a file in some part of the room you wake up in stateing that a key has been lost and the last place rememberd was the bathroom. Other than that I liked it.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 03:11
I'm glad you like it Disturbing 13. I didn't want to move the zombie back because he's kind of guarding the bathroom. I wanted him to chase the plr out and a way from the key. The best method I figure is to draw him out and go back for the key. he's slow so a few feet from the rest room door is good enough, but you may get trapped if you go for it while he's in there.

In the waiting room I used an edited light fixture as a T.V. was it believable?
And did the Objective HUD work for you?

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 05:22
Here's a fix for the "keypad.fpi" script in my game. This should allow for laptop/notebook owners to finish the game. just copy and paste the code below into the file replacing all the text in the Keypad.fpi file. save and play the game. Let me know if there's any problems.

*This keypad script is unique to my Game Quarantined, so if you want to use it in your game you'll have to either edit the script or use the same access code in your game. *

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 07:06
Quote: "In the waiting room I used an edited light fixture as a T.V. was it believable?"

yes it was nice;good use of resources, but perhaps that os one of the things that should be modeled soon for the community-a mounted tv. And the objective worked for me.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 19:50
Cool. I'm Glad it worked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:30:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:30:40