Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Black Hole

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 05:54 Edited at: 17th Sep 2006 21:47
This is a demo of a game that my partner and I are going to be releasing soon. Right now it is in its 4th round of beta testing. We wanted some gameplay feedback from the community on what they think. Currently we are building a website for it and squashing a few bugs.

It is an arcade style puzzle like game ...zuma meets spaceinvaders in 3D.

When responding please let me know what kind of computer/graphics card you are using and how much you think someone would be willing to pay for it.

The full version has unlimited levels and it's difficulty maxes out at level 96.

BlackHoleDemo

the above link is the demo itself. the download button is for the video showing teleporter obstacle.

The object of the game is to collapse the large planet in the center with a matching moon fired from your lunar cannon to give yourself access to the next level. Moons surrounding the planet can be eliminated by hitting a group of 2 or more with a matching shot. Different difficulty levels are applied along with arcade style obstacles. You can aquire 5 different types of powerups to help you. You can view the game in 4 different styles. Overhead stationary, 3rd person, planet view and 3rd person panoramic(screenshot below shows this view)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 06:12 Edited at: 7th Sep 2006 22:52
@ mods-please erase this panel

Attachments

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 06:30 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 05:49
and another better one. cannot delete the one above

Attachments

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 11:28
bosskeith, looking colourful

Paul.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 14:31
Can't really tell what is happening! I love it! It looks really fun!

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 15:11 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 05:48
I am trying vigilantly to reduce the file size because it would not let me upload the demo...if i can upload it it will be put here as an edit. Thanks guys, I found it to be very addicting.

hate to say it but it is in 3 parts right now.

part 1 here

if you click the links saying BlackHoleDemo you can ignore this triple part download. left here for those who can't download 26 meg in 1 shot.

Attachments

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 19:57 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 05:40
part 2

Attachments

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 20:00 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 05:49
part 3

i realy did not want to do it this way but any file over 10mb were not being accepted. All you have to do is download all 3 double click the one labeled "demoblackhole.part01.rar" and it should have the entirety in the winrars gui.

East to West Gaming now has a domain...demo may be loaded from this link

BlackHoleDemo

another edit...
has anyone downloaded this and tried it I would realy like an opinion.

Attachments

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 00:09 Edited at: 24th Oct 2006 00:10
bump...I would like some response from actual game play. Please either click my banner and try it from there or click link at top that says BlackHoleDemo. This game was created with only the native DBP commands and no extensions.

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 02:27
I really like this. I'm trying to thing of some criticism but can't.

You'll be able to click on this someday.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Mr Tank
had you got a chance to try the different views?

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 03:31 Edited at: 24th Oct 2006 03:32
I just did. The default view seems best, but the overhead view is useful too. The latter has the advantage that you can get a better overview of what colours are where, and which moons are connected, and the teleport was less disorientating.

However, aiming in this view is a bit of a hit and miss affair, and so I settled on the standard view. Perhaps the ideal view would be like this (ie rotates with the player), but raised up a bit to get a clearer view.

The from-planet view wasn't really that useable, because you can't see what's behind. Also, the moons "popped up" for some reason- i guess this is DB being funny, because i've had troubles like this before.

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 22:42 Edited at: 24th Oct 2006 22:44
thank you Mr tank...so from what i am hearing you would want a view that is a tween of the overhead and default? should this replace the planet point view?

IF ... we were to release this as a commercial program hypotheticaly would you purchase it?

be brutaly honest with reasons yay or nay.

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 00:54
I'm not sure you need to "replace" the planet view- maybe just add in a "tween view" on top of the ones that are there already. If there are loads of views, maybe it'd be good to change them during pause.
At the moment i am jobless and running out of money. However, when i get a job, I'll be keen to support my fellow coders.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:41:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:41:33