Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Zombie model WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

i thougt it might be interesting for other GamesMakers, that i am currently working on a series of Zombie models. I allready got one quite ready. The texture needs to have some more fine tunig and it is not animated by now. But it has a cool bones rig, and i can pose it easily. Animation will not be too much of a problem either. If you are interested, you may take a look here:

What do you think?
Cheers,
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 00:42
not bad a bit high poly I think. and the uvmapping is a bit off.

RF
Deadly Pixel Society
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What do you think?"

What did he die of, a spinach overdose? Seriously, I reckon that looks like an anorexic Hulk who came off worse in a fight with the Thing. In other words, the colouring is not realistic (@ least for me). The protuding ribs do not appear to be anatomically correct and the pants are too plain. But other than that I can see potential there. I don't want to put you off (I'd love to be @ you level of character modelling), but you have to look @ Model Pack 4 to see some zombies! I can't wait to see what you do next!

Render & Dismember. Dehumanize Society With A Digital Death Deity.
Heiner McHink
Years of Service
User Offline
I made him this green on purpose, because what i wanted to archive is more the cartoon style zombie which can be seen in games like "House of the Dead". Currently he has no bump map, which will get generated out of the color texture. If this texture is there, he and his pants are going to be bumpy enough. That the uv mapping seems to be off on his hips is because of the way how my modeling program samples textures while rendering. The picture you see it a plain prodution render, which has no smoothing groups and nothing. The polycount is about 1800, and it is that high, because it is the base model from which i am going to derivate a whole bunch of different zombies. In general the modelling is quite low poly, it is the head especialy the face, which is quite detailed, because i want to give them Zombies some really nasty faces and/or deformations. Up till now i did not do any exports to FPS, just because i am buissy with other things. If there is somebody, who wants to give it a try, ill be more than happy to supply a test version of the model in X format. However, i can not promiss, that it is going to be animated allready.
Cheers guys,
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!
Ysengrin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey it's not that bad guys but you should make the hands more realistic! (Or remove one hand)

"When there is no-more room in Hell, then the dead will walk the Earth"-Dawn of the Dead
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 16:40
It looks quite nice...if i would even model like that i'd be happy...

(""(o_o)(""
IxiPRO
Years of Service
User Offline
Not bad man but good job

Hi, i am IxiPRO
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 18:49
Quote: "bit high poly"

i dont think so, i think he actually looks quite blocky...

The Day will come when humanity ends.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 18:52 Edited at: 7th Sep 2006 19:47
He doesnt look high poly to me, he looks about 2000 polys. He will look much better if you smoothed the normals.
Heiner McHink
Years of Service
User Offline
as i said: He is about 1800 polys, and has no smoothing groups onto it by now.

Imagination rules!!!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 19:42
it's the face that gets me while it is blocky i think that alot of vertices are hidden in folds and what not, look atht eback of the shoulders in his picture and pay attention to the brow area. I think that ih he were to focus a bit more on a fluid geomitry it would look very well. if you look at the groind area you can see the skin texture showing, I don't know if this was ment but it looks awkward. I am not saying it is bad infact i sad it was not bad at all, just needs some polishing.

RF
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 04:03 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 04:04
this is cool im working on a series of low poly like 500-600 poly cartoon zombie models right now
he looks awesome i cant wait to see custom animations
also here is a pic of my wip zombie

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 04:09
sorry dont mean to jack the thread i just thought it was a really weird coincidence
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 19:30
i think you just killed the thread....

The Day will come when humanity ends.
Full Metal Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
hes...green+

Dont worry, take out the pumpgun
bobkian