Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d problem help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 12:58
aaaahhh i really need help can someone tell me why objects 13 and 3 arn\'t colliding. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help.

JABBER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 18:34
I was just having this problem myself and I was told to try setting "object collision to polyons", which did the trick for. They also suggested using "Sparky's collision DLL", But I've yet to find it.
I wish I could help you more but I'm an uber-noob myself, nevermind me being a member for almost two years, I wasted a year trying to learn VB2005 with use of the "TrueVision 3D" engine, But after loosing much of my hair I've returned to give DBPRO another shot,
Good Luck.
I hope one of the DB pro's can help ya with this one,

JABBER

Retired DEV team member Targetware.net
Retired DEV team memeber BF 1918 MOD
http://hosted.filefront.com/JABBER1975
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 19:48
You know that if you move the object past the object you are checking for collisions with, it won't register any collition, right?
(Just saw that you moved your object something like 250 points with every single tap of space; also, why don't you just write move object 11,250 instead of move object 11,5 : move object 11,5.... over and over? )

Also, the built in collision commands never worked all that good for me; I would reccomend the use of intersect object instead (and if you, as I back when I was told to use it, can't make out what the *** that command does from the help files, it basically gives you the distance to the nearest polygon of the given object along the straight line given by the 6 coordinates).
If intersect object gives a value lower than say, 20, you could trigger your collision event.

Det är väl så
Crit
Years of Service
User Offline
Jabber, I believe is Sparky's dll thread, though I've never used it:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=31051&b=5

CHESS ENCOUNTER
Demo
WIP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:25:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:25:28