Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Burning game to CD

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought fps and love it. I finished my game and burned it to a CD.When I put the cd in and opened the game up ,it goes to the game's title page. But when I click new game it starts loading and a message box pops up reading, "error failed to open zip" and when I click ok on that box another box appears reading "dark basic pro-Enhancements expansion pack runtime error x 13"
and the game shuts down. Can someone help please. Thank you,James
Hippie Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2006 04:15
It sounds like you didn't unzip your file
james simmons
Years of Service
User Offline
What zip file? I can transfer the data of my game to a jump drive storage device and it will play but it will not play on a cd?I dont know what to do
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 04:44
I'll bet your game is trying to make a save file or smething on the CD. You can't do that.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 09:11
Does your program try to create any new files? Are all your file paths relative?

If you have files in a zip file or fileblock of some sort, it may be trying to temporarily extract them on the CD.

"Using Unix is the computing equivalent of listening only to music by David Cassidy" - Rob Pike
james simmons
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats what it was!There was a zip file inside the filr folder??????I went in and deleted it and it worked!I tryed to unzip the file and it asked for a password??????very weird But it works now Thank you!
Flips from germany
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the problem, too. Here the anwser:

Have mystery solution!!!: -) The file “test level” is the play level loaded last. It tries to provide then on that CD the file “test level”! But the problem is, it can not on the CD write!!! And one must copy simply the files of that CD on the computer! With me it functions now. Or why you think why bought plays, FPSC, only on the computer be e.g. installed must, because one cannot extract CD anything on that!!!

Sorry but i must translate it with Google.

Phillipe de Maestro

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:36:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:36:10