Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Direct X Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2006 14:10
I keep getting the error 'Direct X not installed' when I try to run code in debug mode and step through mode. Code makes exe and runs ok with F5 though. I'm using trial version...is this a limitation? Thanks.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 10:49
No idea why it should be limited like that, but I can see if the debug/step through modes aren't present in the trial edition.

Det är väl så
LeeL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 11:26
Thanks Rudolpho, I didn't check what version of DirectX I had b4 installing the trial, I just presumed, because the PC is brand new, that it would be up to date enough for DBP to work. I then went to MS site and updated my DX to latest version, and now system info says Direct X version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904).I'm wondering if this could be the problem (not having DX9.0c b4 install). I've uninstalled the trial and reinstalled but still same problem.Anyone ever come accross this b4.Thanks.
Legend
Years of Service
User Offline
ahm this could be just a random idea... but the anwser is usually a simple one.

Have you got an up-to-date Direct X installed? Could be many a reason... though hope it helps you =)

I aint personally ever tried the 'trial' versions just went out and baught the full software, *well worth it*. Good luck with sorting it out though
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 23:43
DirectX version 9.0c dated August 2006 is required. I think it applies to the latest release of DBPro, not just the trial.
LeeL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 15:20
Thanks for the suggestions folks, I do now have the latest DX 9.0c installed and have reinstalled DBP and still the same problem...Programs run OK with F5 but still get 'Direct x is not installed' error when running in debug or stepthrough modes.Can't figure this one out,will just wait and see if anyone else has come across this error b4 and sorted it,meanwhile my trial version only has 28 days left and counting.!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:36:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:36:19