Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / 2 people who have model packs 3+4

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 18:02 Edited at: 10th Sep 2006 18:03
gust wondering of some 1 could make a brochure for model packs 3+4 so i can see what is in them,
like 1 pack if ur not shur what i mean. >> http://files.thegamecreators.com/fpscreator/ModelPack2.pdf

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Model Pack 4 shouldn't need one, as Bond's been posting his work regularly here on the boards for some time. As for the Warehouse pack...what do you REALLY need to see in there?! For MP2, it was needed, because there was various items that you could use in different ways and that didn't fit a certain theme. But with these two, their purposes are pretty clearly defined.

Formerly JMC...
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 08:20 Edited at: 11th Sep 2006 08:25
As it happens I actually DID make a brochure for Model Pack 4, but I guess TGC decided it wasn't needed.

Anyway, I've attached the download for the brochure if anyone wants a peek, enjoy!

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Imagination seven7
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you did a great job on the brochure, i would like to see what the model pack 3 brochure looks like. I think it a most need on the site because that what got me to buy model pack 2.

seven signs
Deadly Pixel Society
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "As it happens I actually DID make a brochure for Model Pack 4, but I guess TGC decided it wasn't needed."

It's a shame as I think it does a very good job of showing off the models, etc. Your work is magnificent!

Render & Dismember. Dehumanize Society With A Digital Death Deity.
addictinit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 00:22
thx bond 1 i might bye your pack now i've seen every thing in it more than i thought

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 02:06 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 02:07
Personally when looking for to purchase media packs around the web I will buy from companies who do show a full visual representation of what a pack contains in preference to those that dont - all else being equal.

TGC dont seem to show everything packs contain visually and it does result in lost sales no doubt.

I have avoided buying most TGC media packs for many years for that reason. But thats just me.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 10:32
Quote: "TGC dont seem to show everything packs contain visually and it does result in lost sales no doubt. "

It's even worse.... some of the images of the packs they show aren't even done in FPSC. Model Pack 3 for example sure looks very slick in the promo images, but it's not half as good in FPSC. The promo's have been rendered in something like 3D Studio Max and are very misleading.

I've found that most of the promo images TGC uses are very misleading.

Quote: "I have avoided buying most TGC media packs for many years for that reason. But thats just me."

I haven't, I've got a number of them and they're good, I'm very satisfied with Model Pack 1 & 4 and also with the Sprite Pack, good quality. I didn't get Model Pack 2, I do find the segments rather ugly and most of the items I have no use for. I do like the scientist, but to pay $20 for him alone. I do also have Model Pack 3, (won it in the youtube contest) but if I would have purchased it, I would have felt cheated due to the quality of the promo not matching the quality in FPSC.

As for making a brochure, it should be done by the author of the pack. I'm glad Bond1 put it in the link. It gives an excellent representation of what the models look like, it should be added to the info of the pack. As for model pack 3, I can imagine why they haven't put up a brochure.

Still model pack 3 is good, but it seems to rushed somehow, perhaps the release should have been postponed so some of the textures could have been redone and of a better quality.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 10:11
Bond, that brochure has made me want to buy the pack

AE

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 10:59
I think model pack 2 is the best one to date...of course I don't have model pack 4 yet (although I plan on purchasing it soon if you don't have to have a patch to use it).The entites in model pack 2 are excellent.An animated safe,animated ceiling fan,search lights,street lamps,a pop machine and various other entities.
For heaven's sake it even has a SINK.
The bathroom segments are good as well.
I thought model pack 2 was definitely a step up from model pack 1 although pack 1 had more characters in it.
Model pack 3 has underwhelmed me.I got most of it working (finally) and there are quite a few entities but I think the models in packs 1 and 2 were better.
Of course this is all just my opinion and you might not think it is worth the time you took to read this.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 11:19
Ive got model pack 4... It works great on V1.0 and I had installed the v1.02 patch and the models still worked... Unfortunatly my other packs was getting the 7003 error so I had to go back to v1.0 but I highly recomend pack 4 there are many characters and they look great bond did some great work well worth the 20 bucks in my opinion....

Also thanks for the input on model pack 2.... Ive been debating on model pack 3 simply because of the railings on the stairs but I have heard negative things on pack 3 so I am holding off on it...
Hopefully someone will model a staircase with railings that can be textured.... now there is an idea...

But I may buy pack 2 do you know if there is a brochure for pack 2?

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 12:36
I know you can purchase it on the FPSC home page.
I am not sure if there is a brochure but I am sure they have some information on it there.
And if you have any questions about it I am sure Bond can answer them since he made the models.He's a nice guy.

And here is a link to the thread about model pack 2:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74952&b=24

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 16:45 Edited at: 15th Sep 2006 16:46
Thanks Fred (and Clips )

Yes there IS a brochure for Model Pack 2 and it is posted on the FPSC website. As to why TGC didn't post the brochure for Model Pack 4, well I'm guessing it was just due to time constraints. I submitted the final version at the last minute to get a Sept 1st release.

And yes all my characters work fine with V1.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 12:42:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 12:42:29