Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem after problem....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I used to mess around with DB a long time ago and now I have returned to it... For the most part, it is like riding a bike. Anyway, I have been creating models in Anim8or and have had no real problems, other than the exporting animations and such, until now. The pic in the attachment is of one of the models I made. I have not had any problems with the DBconv.exe except for with this model, it will convert it and then crash! The .x file will be there after the crash but if I try and load it into DB, then DB will crash! All my other models have converted and loaded just fine except for this one. I have been trying to figure out whats going on for about 12 hours now, I have tried to figure it out myself before I post something. Well, this is my first post also and it is becoming quite long, hehe. Any help or idea of what could be going on would be extremely appreciated and since I'm a noob I have to genericaly say: "Is this the right forum?"... I hope so.

Thank you,
Later

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 19:51
I can't really say, but it seems as if such things happen around here
For my own part, the editor refuses to make one, and just a single one project runable after compiled.
Never happened before, doesn't happen with newer projects either; just that one.
Strange indeed.

You could perhaps try to change 1 polygon/add/remove one or something and see whether it works then though?

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
ricky hanks
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I have been tweaking and messing with all kinds of things. Originally the bricks were 9 seperate bricks, thinking that may be the problem I just made one big brick and the just made a new texture for it. And I even remade it and it still wont work. So I am think maybe that file is just corrupt in some way. So perhaps I should try remaking it completely. Which wouldn't be that hard, it is low polygon and all that but it just... Argh!!! Why wont it export!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
I assume you are saving the original in 3ds format from anim8tor?

Did you try using the conv3ds.exe XOF convertor from microsoft direct x 8 ?

Enjoy your day.
ricky hanks
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry I have not replied back sooner.
Latch, Yes, I am exporting to .3ds from Anim8or. I have not tried the Microsoft one, I hear that one is supposed to already be on my computer? I was thinking that the DB converter might have a problem with converting models with beveled edges, at least for me anyway. That is probably not the problem but, it really does give me problems with my poor beveled objects. It gives me problems with this model too...

However, I try to work around problems by simply making a new object. But that dosent help me much when it is a character model. So if I can be pointed in the right direction for this Microsoft 3dsconverter, I would definately try it! Thank you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 21:16 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 21:26
This link has a lot of interesting applications including conv3ds.exe.

3ds to X
or
basic 3ds to X

Do you have the 3ds file that is giving you the problem? I can see the picture you've supplied, but it's hard to trouble shoot with just an image.

One other thing to try, try downloading Deled. There's a free version and it is an excellent level builder - and the X export works great with DarkBasic. I think there is even a DarkBASIC Pro export option, but I've never used that because I use DarkBASIC Classic.

Also, at one time I was using Anim8tor to do the UV texturing on my models, exported them to 3ds, Imported them into Deled - then just exported them back to X from Deled to use with DarkBASIC. Deled was also very handy to adjust models to the proper scaling I wanted. I think I was running into problems with the 3ds export in anim8tor as well, though I can't remember.

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:37:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:37:09