Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Chatroom Help please!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 01:17
Right... so im a bit new to dark basic pro... I am trying to make a chatroom for a very big community to talk to each other live.
The program will load and all perfectly. But i need some help on adding a few more features to it.
Some things i need help with:
1.Admin(can use admin cp),Moderator(can use mod cp(,Member(and member cp) ranks(?).
2.Admin control panel type thing (so that the admin can kick and ban members so on.)
3.Moderator cp (basicly the same as admin cp)
4.Member cp to change username if the question bellow is possible).
5.Register so instead of having username login like it currently has you have to make a username and password (maybe even use your email to register)
6.Avatar/display image... for members to use.
7.Audio talk isit possbile and if so how?

Can anyone help me out on these... and tell me if there possible and maybe even how to do it? or link me to a tutorial that shows how to do it.

Thanks in advance
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
It all depends on how your handling multiplayer. But most of those features you should be able to work out yourself.

The admiral
DK_
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, all of what your asking is (technically) possible. But it would be VERY difficult to do.

First just make a simple program that will have one application connect to another and make them able to send messages to one another.

The other things you are asking about are more difficult. The best way would require a master computer that all users connect to. That computer would store all the user info. If you don't like the sound of that then there are other methods, some of them are crude, but will get the job done.

To start off go to 'help > help contents > technical documents > multiplayer secrets' and read sections 1-3. the rest doesn't apply to what your asking for.

Available for programming position using DBPro.
Also, good at multiplayer coding, contact at:
laptop5002@hotmail.com
FlameDan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 02:19
Hi, Thanks for the replys.
We already have the basic set up

Thanks to help from all the chat room stuff in the codebase.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 04:41
DK_, he said he has the basics.

FlameDan, do NOT say "we". Don't ask.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
FlameDan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 05:03
Uncle Sam... I said we beacuse im not doing it by myself someone else is doing art stuff forit.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:34:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:34:49