Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Offset Object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys (and gals...hmmmm, that's an interesting point. Are there any?). I'm making an odd game, (I wont go into it now. rather let you see it later). Is it possible to offset the position of a 3D .x file is rotated around (like you can for sprites), without having to offset the object in the 3D creater (I duplicate the same object and put it in different places). You'll understand if/when I finish it.
Please help!!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 02:40
There is an offset limb command, I've never had to use limbs so I do not know how they work, but as far a I can gather, limbs move around with the object but you can offset their position and rotate them separate to the rest of the object (thats probably completely wrong, so correct me anyone if I am). You could make an object and make the x file a limb and offset it.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 02:49
There isn't a native offset object command, I'm afraid. However, you can write your own function to do this by using some basic trigonometery.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
KamaKase
Years of Service
User Offline
I was looking at the limb thing, I don't quite get limbs, I was gonna try and avoid them. Oh, well. Thnx.

"There isn't a native offset object command, I'm afraid. However, you can write your own function to do this by using some basic trigonometery."

That was what I was affraid of...

Thanx guys!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 19:46
limbs are a good solution once u work out the usage of them.

here is an example of a FPS or third person setup.

KamaKase
Years of Service
User Offline
OOoh, thanx. They're less complicated than I though. Cheers!!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:40:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:40:05