Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / hookup

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry no screenies, but I almost have it done.
The freeware version.

I'm here to ask a question: if I made a system whereby you, as in those who finish their projects could have a lobby server, (which you pay for) and customize it to your game (which is awesome but I'm mostly asking if you'd actually need that much stuff added), would it help you?

I have no intent on making a profit vs getting compensation for the work it would take to make a scripting system and interface.

As for the WIP
Lobby system, it is free, just not customizeable. I will need some testers, then I'll release it. So far it has chat and a lobby. The last time I did this I forgot to make an array, so you could only see games as they were created. I'm adding basic cleanup code in this one, but you won't have the ability to say "shut off when 32 players are here".

Pro would have that, and a few other basic things indie developers don't need but might want.

So this is a WIP, it's for you guys, almost done too. This question is for those who have created finished games mostly, the rest it would be better to have a demo of my lobby before answering.

I can upload it to <a href="http://www.laughwears.com/lobbysystem.zip">Here</a> in a second. Run the server then the client.
I still have my debug info in there except for the chat. I'll soon have the IP totally hidden and automatic cleanup of hosted games.

Thanks, later

LLRGT omglol
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 06:50
you HAVE to post screenshots, or this will be locked .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 23:12
Will there be tongue to tongue features? lol j/k

Really, needs screenies.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 23:24