Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Anti-Aliasing and Normal Mapping in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 23:12
Hi, I was wondering whether there is any support in DBPro for Anti-Aliasing and/or Bump Mapping.

Thanx.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice. Then sit back, drink the orange juice, and wonder how the f**k you made orange juice out of lemons.
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 02:05 Edited at: 13th Sep 2006 02:06
No Anti-Aliasing, but you can bumpmap. Bumpmapping doesn't use regular heightmaps though, which stinks.

EDIT: I think that DBpro auto AA's it if you video card supports it.

Jrock is pronouned Jay-Rock
EddieY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 03:47
I can vouch for anti-aliasing working with my ATI card. If I leave it at the 'let application decide', then I will not get anti-aliasing, but if I use Catalyst Control Center to force AA and AF settings, then I will see the change in my DBPro programs.

-------------------------------
Regard all phenomena as dreams.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 06:34
Well, it has nothing to do with DBP. I'm quite sure that in any 3D app, if you set AA in the graphics card options, it will affect any 3D app being rendered (not entirely sure though).

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
Fneep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 09:41
Thanx, also does it have compatibility with normal mapping ?

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice. Then sit back, drink the orange juice, and wonder how the f**k you made orange juice out of lemons.
EddieY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 06:23
Quote: "Well, it has nothing to do with DBP. I'm quite sure that in any 3D app, if you set AA in the graphics card options, it will affect any 3D app being rendered (not entirely sure though)."

Actually, that's not always the case. For example, with EQ2 if you just try setting your cards AA and AF settings it will NOT take effect unless you also tweak some config settings and turn off the Catalyst AI. So, it is true in most cases, but not always.

-------------------------------
Regard all phenomena as dreams.
Daris Xiao or Benjy Wright
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 05:42
@Fneep: If the normal mapping you're describing means flat surfaces looking 3D, embossed or engraved, or what have you... You might want to run a search for shader .dll's on the forum. There's a ton of effects you can apply to objects, many using Normal mapping, really pretty stuff.

Daris Xiao - Phonetic: Daris Shiao. aka: Benjy Wright.
2.4Ghz Pentium 4 (800FSB!!!) - 1024mb RAM - ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb Video
yaarj
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using Normal Mapping. It looks great! Just search in the WIP boards for the Ultimate Shader Pack and download it. They got a lot of working shaders there!

Have fun in whatever you do, no matter how sad it is.
DarkMasta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 16:18
Can 2d stuff also be anti-alias? It could also be my darn screen, which makes everything look that blurry when I set my fullscreen programs' resolution on 0.64k x 0.48k? How can I set anti-alias off anyway???

Wherever you plan to go,
it's the next step you never know.
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
My apps crumble when I use AA, but maybe thats because im using GeForce 6200, wich has some of its features disabled.

But normal mapping, of course and just about any other shader you can create.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:41:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:41:34