Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Galaxy Blast

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 06:59
Hey, i'm a noob, yes i will label myself one, becuase i will ask stupid questions. This is my first program made in DBP, first game ever made, and this will be one of the first models i've made, lol.

The game i'm doing is called "Galaxy Blast", kinda like R-Type but top-down view, and your going vertical. I plan on like 10 levels, nothing big, don't want to overexcert myself, lol. With a boss on the last level. You can choose three different ships, with three different stats. There will be 4 or 5 different enemeis all together, havn't decided yet. And it will have a scoreing system...and most of all i hope it will be fun to play!

The screen isn't much to look at, but hey!, it measn i'm actually getting somewhere. After looking at like 30 bullet codes for 4 hours, i've finally figured something out. I have a ship, that you can move around the screen, and shoot red blocks. WOW, so exciting!! I"m trying to figure stuff out on my own without asking help, but, in the end, i will anyway.

I think the next thing to do is put an enmey on screen, and try to hit it, and do something. Not sure how to check if a bullet hits a target. I'm not to sure on collision either...wonder if the bullet was within a certain space as the target?? maybe? hmm...enemy movment will be tricky too. but i'll learn

ok, you can critiwue if ya want, but i dont know what of, lol.

laterz

Blastwave MAN!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 10:53 Edited at: 13th Sep 2006 10:54
Hey, you may not have much to show, but at least you are learning for yourself and trying, and also are starting with a realistic goal! Not many new guys come here with that attitude, so you deserve congratulations. Post up some more pics when you get them, I like top-down shoot-em-ups!

Sometimes the only way over a wall is to pile up enough bodies to climb over - Dave W.
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 15:05
well.. I can see the ship is already there, so at least people can see you are giving it a good shot.

You'll find that you'll learn more about DarkBASIC by programming your own little games rather than reading 200 page books.

Quote: "I like top-down shoot-em-ups!"

Me too!!!

Keep up the good work Blastwave!

WORLD - A free World editor, capable of creating the most complex of worlds (including physics, skies, water, shaders, terrain editing and more). Best of all, it's FREE!
Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 05:14
So i'm not dead, and neither is my game. I've finished writing the story, and it got so long, that i decided to break it up into three different parts. Or three different games so to say:
Galaxy Blast
Galaxy Gero
Galaxy Finale
The three games making up the Galaxy Blast trilogy. I'll post a screenshot in a bit, i want to refine some code a little bit.

Blastwave Man!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:37:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:37:02