Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I have a cross hair request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 17:29
I hate having to ask for stuff it makes me fill like a winy noob but I have to ask because I cant do it myself why do you ask? well I am using a really old copy of Photoshop (number 5) and it can't handle transparency so if I make a cross hair for my game would someone run it through there copy of photo shop or what ever there useing and make the appropriate bits see trough for me its just a request I can live with the normal cross hairs but custom ones would be nice

The world is complicated only people are simple
The Silent Ayehika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 18:30
use paint or GIMP.And use search and search for crosshair and find Benjamin's thread /

Listen up.Im EBIL.
Mess with me and PREPARE TO GO TO EBIL HELL!
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 00:57
I have a crosshair pack, if it helps...

Just click my sig

AE

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 01:00
If you want a custom crosshair you might want to post an idea of what you are looking for.

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 17:16
no what I mean is I want to make my own then someone else paint the see through bits and run it though there Photoshop then give it back to me because when I try to do transparency on my Photoshop it says (tga cant handle transparency) and wait a minute I thought gimp had the same problem?

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 18:24
dude. It wouldn't matter what version of photoshop you had, TGA will never support transparency.

Make your crosshair with a black (0,0,0) background and save it as a JPEG, then texture a random entity with it and run a test game. FPSC should convert the JPEG to an DDS, with the transparency built in.

Alternatively, download the Direct X SDK, which includes a DDS plugin for photoshop, allowing you to import and export DDS textures with alpha(transparent) layers.

Pees

Butters

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
TGA supports alpha if you save as 32bit. You need to have a plugin for it to work in PS.

Get the DDS plugin though... It'll save you headaches.
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 18:04
now this is the advise I was looking for thank you Butter fingers thank you Errant AI

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 12:31:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 12:31:20