Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Why don't my help files contain all DBPRO commands?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 20:33
While I've been working on my understanding of limbs I see code in the forums with commands like "GLUE LIMB TO OBJECT" and there is no mention of this and many other commands in my help files shown in the DB asistant window.
Is there an update I don't have. I'm all patched up and also have the advanced terrain commands show. Is there a complete DBPRO commands list somewhere? hopefully with detailed explainations?

THANKS

JABBER

Retired DEV team member Targetware.net
Retired DEV team memeber BF 1918 MOD
http://hosted.filefront.com/JABBER1975
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 11:37
It's GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB

Type that in editor and hit F1 to get context help. Looks detailed enough to me;

Quote: "
GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB

This command will attach the specified 3D object to a limb of another 3D object. By attaching an object to the limb of another, the
objects position, rotation and scale are entirely controlled by the limb. This technique can be used to allow a robot arm to easily grab
and lift an item, or allow your hero character to hold and wear a variety of items. The parameters should be specified using integer
values. An additional parameter allows a specific type of glue operation:

0 - regular glue object to a limb (default behaviour)
1 - wipe out frame orient, leaving position only (avoid hierarchy frame problems)
2 - wipe out child object position for accurate limb location placement

Syntax

GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB Object Number, Second Object, Limb Number
GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB Object Number, Second Object, Limb Number, Glue Mode
"

Hit F1 on blank area of code, or use 'Help Contents' in menu and there is loads of help for 99.9% of commands

Best way is to goto main help page, then 'commands' and then relevant section. So 'Basic3D' has all the 3d commands, including GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB

Maybe your update did not install correctly and you are missing the help files.

Boo!
JABBER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 14:55
As it turns out I do have the glue object to limb command in my help files, oppps sorry. So maybe that was a bad example, But there seems to be others, are there plans to include into the the help system commands like the OEM commands?

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 18:40
Newsletter 40 (May 2006) had a little ditty about new enhanced help system being worked on by Lee and even had a screenshot showing it, but it seems to have been pushed aside yet again because of new products which obviously make more money that writing boring help files.

Boo!
JABBER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 21:29
AH, thanks spooky, I have been reading back news letters but I must have missed that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:30:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:30:58