Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / For you TEXTURE MAP freaks

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 05:34 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 05:38
I uploaded a bunch of professional texture maps for sale for FPSC segment creation, if anyone is interested. All are either 256x256 pi. or 512x512 pi. bmp's. I thought this would be relevant to FPSC, You can view them here:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/321112

Enjoy!.

Straight outta compton
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 05:56
kool textures, but for $28, it would be better to go with TGC's Model Pack 3 for segments.

Visit raptorgames.net for games, movies, and other stuff
I am the only person who runs it. Sign the guest book!
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 06:33 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 06:34
It's on Turbosquid. There are a ton of high class company guys who buy textures everyday for lots of money. The way I look at it, you're getting the deal. If you sell an item for too low, turbosquid alters the price anyways to align it to the market. The usually set 1 texture file for a minimum of $4.50, whereas 28 textures for $28 is $1 per file seems like a bargain to me.

Straight outta compton
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 09:57 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 09:57
Quote: "TEXTURE MAP freaks"

What did he call us?

Weeee
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 10:14 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 10:15
Sorry to say so TheDude, but these textures aren't worth $28 at all. Nothing special to them, you can find similair ones for free. As Silent Thunder stated, we can buy models packs here that cost us way less and give us lot's more textures, ready to use in FPSC.

Quote: "There are a ton of high class company guys who buy textures everyday for lots of money."

True and I do buy textures if needed also, but there of a completely different kind then what you offer. These companies buy high quality textures.

Good luck with the sales.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to say but i agree with Benjamin A and Silent Thunder you can get these textures for free and some are a lot better than the one's you are trying to sell.

Good luck with the sales but i feel you would be better off given these away for free to go towards your profile and work on some better one's.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 16:47
Those textures look as if you have taken a raw photo and just croped it. I have bought texture packs from turbosquid in the past, but the ones I have bought are professional, which have been done by hand.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 00:17 Edited at: 15th Sep 2006 00:22
Quote: "What did he call us?"

I was just kidding.

Quote: "True and I do buy textures if needed also......."

That's fine, just also remember you dont HAVE to use them for FPSC, perhaps maybe you'd want to use them for some kind of animation, or what not, for your game. And as far as you thinking they're NOT worth $28, that's only an opinion. Someone else might buy this, and your first thought might be " No one's going to buy this", but the best thing you can do is try it anyways. You'd buy surprised on what people buy on there. I have a model of a temple that, I'll admit, I didn't put much effort into it, and I made 3 years ago when I wasn't TOO skilled, and sure enough, up to today 12 people have bought that item. Why did they buy it? I dunno. Alas, I say, "Nike!", which means from ancient Rome, Just do it!

Quote: "I have bought texture packs from turbosquid in the past, but the ones I have bought are professional, which have been done by hand."

It depends on what kind of artist provides the textures and what YOU are looking for. I'll bet you bought something that is sci-fi? If you're going to create models that are sci-fi maybe fantasy, then you're going to want to look for textures by hand. But if you're looking for something photo-realistic or maybe a presentation of a building, maybe even a simulation of neighborhood or a city, you're going to want cropped raw pictures of walls, grass, grounds, etc. for better realism. And the reason why they're cropped is so that they are seamless.

This, Higgins, kind of offends me. Do you realize how much trouble I go through JUST to get these pics? I literally take trains, buses, and automobiles just to take pictures for 3D communities, not to mention I have a part time job taking pictures of houses, cars, public places, etc. Don't say my stuff isn't professional, seriously, it's humiliating. I only accept certain kinds of criticsm, but this is just not acceptable.

Straight outta compton
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 00:34
Quote: "I only accept certain kinds of criticsm, but this is just not acceptable."

He just gave you his honest opinion.It was not meant as an insult or anything.
If you post something like this you have to be prepared for any kind of criticism.
And for the record I have seen him post a lot worse.
You also have to take into account that you are charging for this so people might be a little more critical of your work here than if you gave it away.
Everyone that has posted has given you their honest opinion.
That's all anyone can ask for.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 00:41
Well, I suppose you're right. But I have mine too, and what I gave was my opinion on his post as well.

Straight outta compton

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 12:37:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 12:37:23