Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Another bloody newbie introducing itself

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ofcourse whatsa newbie without a question
first to say .. i got DarkBASIC Pro as a birthday present couple a months ago...but didnt had the patience to learn it
so i went for game maker as i knew its possible to create raggdolls there...
but recently a friend of mine told me that with DBPRO everything's possible....and yesterday i found about dark physics and... lets say i was on the seventh sky ...ive read almost the whole forum so i can get on line and saw the tuts... now the questions
1: Do i need a PhysX AGEIA card to use Dark Physics cause here in my country there is no delivery for PhysX cards and i cant have it
2: Is there a beginner tutorial for making 3rd person games cause thats what im after
3: As i understood when i buy Dark Physics and load it into DbPRO
the physics engine will be configured(built) and ready to use(and editing)

sorry for takin ya time guys

Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 21:20
welcome to the boards hope your stay is fun for you.

For your first question the answer is no you dont need the card to make it work all that happens without the card is you lose control over some of the more advanced features of dark physics.

I could find a tutorial for you but if you yourself look around these boards you will almost definatley come up with some good stuff (Try the stickies at the top of this thread.

Im not sure about your last question but im guessing the answer is yes your right.

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.

3.0ghz pentium dual core processor, 2gb ds ram, 250gb HD
Cave Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 23:01 Edited at: 16th Sep 2006 02:41
Hello There's plenty of tutorials if you look at the stickys(the threads at the very top) there's also a new book thats out called Hands on DarkbasicPro Vol.1 and the new, Vol.2. Vol. 2 got finished today, but isn't availible quite yet.

Slash88
Years of Service
User Offline
wow thx for the replies guys...ive checked things here and there
seems that really i wont be able to handle that much coding

anyway still u can help me...are there any engines like FPS Creator
that are editor-based type with no coding required..in which i can build a fighting game(3rd person or 2d type-a tekken or simimliar)

and ofcourse dont wanna sound like all other newbs but i love raggdolls... so if any engine has it its a +

thnk ya

RadiusOFT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 18:16 Edited at: 15th Sep 2006 18:17
For making games with absolutly no coding (or so im told) check out The 3D Gamemaker under the game development tab on the home page.

oh and welcome to the Forums.............................

Do or do not... there is no try -yoda
cats fit best in a george forman - not yoda
Slash88
Years of Service
User Offline
yea ive heard about it ....never had it though
i see good things about it .... u can even import own models which is kickass...one thing though ... can u make a fighting game... i mean a game where u walk and kick enemie's ass via bare fists and such
sorry for bein a total no0b but gotta know am i giving my money for something that will do what i wanna do

Slash88
Years of Service
User Offline
srry for double posting but i couldnt edit the previous post

anyway...is it possible in 3D Gamemaker to make a char punch or kick
instead of shooting

Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 04:47
I'm sorry to say, but The 3D Game Maker wasn't worth, in my opinion, $0.01. It makes games, true, but still, not worth the money.

What can games do for you?
www.getixinteractive.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:32:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:32:28