Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAI weapons -WIP

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 21:39
Quote: "Perfect dark was all the things they simply were not allowed to do within the constraints of the Bond license."

Perfect Dark is the only reason I still have my N64....well, that and Conker's Bad Fur Day. I actually did a small review of Perfect Dark in our forums.

-Keith

Robh22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 21:55
WOW! Awsome! I have to give you folks who do modeling a butt load of credit! I looked at modeling programs and just laughed as I tried to figure it out. It's just not happening for me You guys are awsome!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 00:59
Quote: "Perfect Dark is the only reason I still have my N64"

I love Perfect Dark - and Goldeneye. I keep my N64 for alot of games actually. Have you played the new one on the 360? I did, its cool, though it has a very diffrent feel.

EAI, those weapons on the bottom, are those for Fugitive Hunter for PS2?

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 01:11 Edited at: 18th Oct 2006 01:32
Yeah. Those are from Fugitive Hunter. I think it was called America's 10 Most Wanted in Europe. There was also a terrible PC port of it. That game will haunt me until the day I die, I'm afraid. I think one out of a hundred reviewers realized they were playing an oldschool-style shooter that had no inclinations of ever being a tactical or stealth based experience. I also blame politics/political-correctness and AlQueda for it's failure (which is not to say there weren't other serious issues with the gamplay and design). 9/11 happened durring the production cycle and everytime there was a new bombing or something, our publisher du'jour would drop it and a new one would pick it up and make us rewrite it.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 05:59
I played it on the PS2, I didn't get too far, the graphics were nice though and the game seemed fine to me. I never saw the PC port though...

Rebellious Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 13:42 Edited at: 21st Oct 2006 13:45
Quote: "A little of all of the above. I've attached a comp with some of the issues including the mip-map problem that's driving me nuts. I'm using FPSC V1, btw. Also, I'm not sure that it's even referencing the _D2 map. They're looking OK-ish as long as you're moving around but every so often it makes me want to gouge my eyes out."

It seems to me like there are only problems when the weapon is mip-mapped rather than at full res. I can see jagged edges, but other than that I see no problems.

However if by undesirable light pooling you mean that the light isn't supposed to be in the places you pointed out then there is quite a lot of that, especially in the one on the left.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 20:22 Edited at: 21st Oct 2006 20:22
Rebellious Gamer, I've fixed most of the jaggies from from normal mapping. The odd thing is that I'd swear FPSC is adding mips on it's own or something. I know that doesn't make a lick of sense so it's got me a bit boggled...

I'm saving out DDS maps with "no MIP maps" checked. And no MIPs appear in the nvidia preview. Now the really confusing thing is that sometimes if, say, I make a duplicate set of files one version will show up at full res and the other will show up with MIPs yet they both have the same map.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 04:23
Oh, EAI, I just found this out, I think it will help alot:

For smoke, make a bone called 'brass' where you want it to come out. Now, by default, bullets will fall out of the position. In the gunspec, set 'brass' to 4. Bullet Shells won't appear, but you'll still have smoke!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 04:31
Not if you have a custom brass and its labled 4...Point is Errant make the number in your gunspec 1 higher then the folder contains to get the desired effect of smoke and no shell.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I fixed that a while ago by making custom brass with only one vert in the scene (or something like that) but thanks guys- I like your method MUCH better.

Just gotta make some custom smoke that's not so dense.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 22:26
Well brass 4 is specificly made in FPSC to be nothing, I would image setting it to something like 5 when you only have 4 brass folders would crass the program (it did when I tried -1)

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 22:39
I've got like 7 brass folders. Never bothers me, but I don't use a negative number. The only reason 4 worked was because with stock fpsc there were only 3. I have no problem with my brass 4 not showing up so this must not be anything hard coded in. I don't know this for a fact. And perhaps due to my ignorance and the fact I use Codemasters Weapon Creator, but it automatically puts a new brass in the folders named seqentually. Never thought about "4" being a coded in function and just imagined any number bigger then what you have in your folder works in this manner.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 00:34
Quote: "Just gotta make some custom smoke that's not so dense."

Smoke is a negative point on firearms... Smoke only occurs when too much oil is added or something (My dad told me once, when watching an old war film), So it isnt actually supposed to occur... It is still of course your decision, but I was just telling you

Dan.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 01:45
I didn't mean it was coded in that way, I just mean that 4 has no texture and a model specificly so it doesn't show

Smitho - Really? Oh well, still a nice effect.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 02:01 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2006 02:09
Smitho is correct to a degree. That's why they call it "somkeless powder"

There's still some smoke visible depending on barrel length and lighting conditions with modern powders. I tend to notice it much more indoors than outside.

Old weapons tend to need some pretty liberal lubrication to work reliably so I don't know how I feel about the "too much oil" thing.

Even modern arms will curl out a bit of smoke after some rapid fire though it generally comes from the breech and not the muzzle.

I'm currently only using smoke decals on suppressed weapons because I'm using no flash effect and it looks pretty lame without some sort of effect. I have it hooked up on assault rifles but am going to tone it way down. When I get around to shotguns, I'll use smoke there as well (I like to shoot cheap S&B brand buckshot and it generates some serious pollution lol)
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 02:29
Well there we go You learn something new everyday... lol
I guess it looks cool, yes, as long as you dont over do the effect
Errant, is there any chance you have MSN? I would like a chat sometime as I cant seem to get a hold of Butters
Drop me an email at Dan@ride-with-pride.co.uk

Dan

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 03:04 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2006 03:04
Dan, if you want, send me a PM with details via my forum when you get a chance.

eai.s3.bizhat.com

I'm pretty swamped atm and you've got a lot of weapons there but I might be able to help out... Just don't know when and I'd hate to do a qick n dirty considering how much time you've spent on them. Could be a good project for Walking Dead too if he's got availability.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:16:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:16:32