Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / New Tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I am a Newcomer and have just purchased DarkBasicPro and Darkmattter.
However I have a question to do with the New Beginners Tutorials.

It is this:
On the Create your First 3D game Tutorial, Lesson1 Terrain, it mentions that you have to save the following:

First code below!!!!!!

In with the Loadmatrix file from Matedit, together in the same folder.
This I have done.ok. Then you have to run the following:

This I have all done but when I execute the program I keep getting the following error!!!

Loadmatrix ("map",1) >>> As it cannot find map.

Please help Am i just being stupid or does this tutorial not work with DarkBasicPro!!!!!!!!!
Bighead
Years of Service
User Offline
Correct me people if I'm wrong 'cause I'm not sure but I think Matedit works mainly with Darkbasic Classic programs.

Aardvark, I don't have Darkmatter so I cannot answer about the Lesson 1's code. However, in your case it seems to be that you forgot to include the "map" file it-self in the same folder that your application.

In case you did, then try adding the corresponding extension to Loadmatrix ("map.xxx",1). Note: It's been a long time since I last use Matedit files. But if I remember well, Loadmatrix looks for the default extension.

I hope this helps.
Aardvark
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bighead,

Sorry to bother you again but I still do not get it I cannot find map anywhere.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Aardvark

Bighead
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps the problem is that "map" refers to any map and then it must be changed by the correct name. So, you should look for a map built with Matedit and then try this: Loadmatrix ("the-name-you-found",1)

I don't remember with what extension Matedit does save maps, so use any example map you find or construct your own with Matedit and then use it to run the code again.
Aardvark
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Cheers for the last post!! I forgot to unzip the downloaded source code for the tutorials(Duh!!!)

Aardvark

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:45:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:45:21