Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Converting to x format

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a model of a pretty nice car in 3ds max 8, but i can't get it to work inside fpsc.Is there anyone who can convert it for me? I can supply you with my model in either max or 3ds format.

Thanks
addictinit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 23:00
all u need is
.3ds converter(DBconverter) (attached)
and entity maker http://files2.thegamecreators.com/fpscreator/fpsc_entity_maker.zip (comes with tutorials)
just put the .3ds in the same folder as DBconverter and run then... easy
if u were 2 do i serch u would have know

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 23:27
search "panda .x exporter" on google, it is a plugin for 3ds max to export directly to .x, including animations

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 23:27
We are not text messaging here.Please use words when applicable instead of numbers and/or abbreviations.
It looks more professional,people may take you seriously and it is far less annoying.

webcrtor
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been trying with some export programs before i posted, otherwise i wouldn't have posted it here.Both dbconv and WinConv3ds crash when i try to convert it and with panda .x exporter, i get a file that's 16 megabytes large(without animations included)If i import it to fps creator, the progam crashes when loading the model.I just asked for someone else to do it for me because if it works with him, maybe I know what i did wrong, that's all.I attached the .max file,hopefully someone has the time to take a look at it, if not the moderator can lock this topic.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ak470000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 21:05
try cutting down on the vertices (reduce the polycount) to around the ballpark of 2000 and try exporting/importing again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 12:42:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 12:42:18