Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Get your FPSC-ready skucubes here...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 07:47
I've updated the site today with in-game video clips of each skycube using FPSC. These files are approx. 2MB in size and are full screen. These will give you a solid idea of what the cube looks like in-game before you purchase it.

Still have several spots in the buy 2 get 2 free promotion.

Q. What kind/theme skycubes would you like to see at my site? If I get an idea about what people are looking for, I can start working on developing some specific themed cubes.

www.skycubes.com

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 08:00
Heh...hate sites that make you register to look at something...I'll pass.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 10:23
I don't like sites that make you register either.

Also as a fellow Bryce user, I do find a goon number of these skycubes quite dissapointing. Bryce is an awesome applications and can produce excellent skycubes. some of your skycubes are very cool, but most of them have been out together without putting to much effort into them. That's a shame, they could look so much better.

I may condsider doing some myself.....

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 16:00 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 17:58
Let's try a different approach...

Ben, what specific suggestions can you offer that would help my skycubes meet your expectations?

On the registration issue...I know that some people don't like to register, but I'm limited by the CMS I'm using. In order to process downloads correctly, I need to have users registered.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 20:15
Then Id install a different Content M Sys, cause I don't know of any really that don't have an option that allows for whatever user group to have different settings. Making people sign up just to look at content puts allot of people off. I know I never join sites that "make" me have to join. To me thats no better then the "Click here to win an ipod" pop ups, and kinda the same tactics(making you join and give email only to get nothing in return). I mean I don't know what your going to do with my email....part of your EULA may be that your allowed to to sell it to third parties for marketing. I don't read those ever, like most people don't, so it's easier to not join and make my own skyboxes using Terrys tutorial and the bryce5 that was given free......
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 21:18
Locrian,

I just checked and my current CMS settings allow 'Guests' to view all of my skycubes, including thumbnails, full images, and the more info section. Guests are also allowed to download the freebies and in-game video clips.

Only reason to register is to make a purchase. I know that may turn people off, but I guess they'll have to get cubes another place because I can't effectively manage purchases and downloads without a registration process. Which I imagine is the same reason TGC makes us register here.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 21:29 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 21:31
I can understand purchases man. But I tried to see a video and it told me I had to registered. I knew you could set it to allow guest or whatever user group access. I'm sure you'll get many more hits with it set up like this. And of course if they like what they see then they can register to purchase your product.......makes allot more sense.

Good luck on it
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 22:42
Loc,

You're absolutely right. It does make sense now. Thanks for the feeback.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 00:08
We had to go to registration for purchase at our store as well. I know it's a bit of a hassle at first, but you only have to do it once to buy future items from us. I'm sure it's cost me some sales, but it was the only way to let people download their media instantly (without waiting for a link) and if they lose their files they can always re-download them without a hassle.

-Keith

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 00:54
Wouldn't you have to register to buy anything?
Either way you will have to give some contact information so that your credit card can be billed and so that the seller would know where to send the download link.
While registering on a site just to look around is annoying I don't see any problem doing it if you are going to buy something.
On top of that it lets the seller keep the products you bought and downloaded at your disposal so if you needed to download something again you could just type in your username and password and download it again.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 10:46
Just ordered the costco bulk order way. Just wanted to say the skybanks look better in fpsc then they do in your pictures. They look awesome and your install worked with no problems.

Thanks, when are you going to start doing custom skys?

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 15:25
I've got some ideas on paper for custom/exclusive skies. Before I start those, however, I'm going to spend some time getting all my current cubes ready for multi-format delivery. I need to broaden my audience to include Torque and other engines.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:26:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:26:14