Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Hey, weird modeling problem.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I searched the forums but found no help for my noob question. My problem is simple. I created a model in Anim8or. Each piece of the model had a boring test color. I exported it to 3ds or whatever then converted that to .x. I used the "makeentities from xfiles" program and turned the model into an entity, which retained the colors I wanted. I then launched the FPSC demo and loaded my model entity which looked "right" in the map editor. I launched the test game and the model is completely gray. Does anyone know why the model lost its colors? I included the fpe, x, and bmp files.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 02:26
All you uploaded was the .x file and none of the other stuff....Really hard to tell you anything with the needed data.
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Umm, I believe that fpsc doesn't use ANY of the colors made by anim8or.

Im Burianu.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 06:31
awww, that's why it didn't work for me, someone in one of the threads said that it would keep the colors from the change of .3ds to .x and would work in fpsc. That sucks.

Visit raptorgames.net for games, movies, and other stuff
I am the only person who runs it. Sign the guest book!
timsfitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh. I don't know what I'm doing. I have watched dozens of tutorials and am at a loss as to how to make an object in anim8or, texture it using whatever, then put it into fpsc. I guess its the texturing bit that I can't figure out.
I guess what I am trying to say is that: "Is there a tutorial already made that will show me how to make a basic model, texture it, then put it into fpsc with the textures included? I have been trying for many many hours and have, as I have previously stated, gotten my model into fpsc, but I do not know how to get it in there textured.

I thank you for your time, and trust me, I have spent many hours attempting this and figured if someone knew, they would save me many more.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 07:36
it keeps the colors as .x,BUT FPSC doesnt use those colors.

addictinit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 18:49
AE tutorial should sort your problem it explains makeing a siple pot textruing it and geting it fpsc ready helped me
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=82418&b=24

sorry if i use '2, ur, thx..' speek cant help it!
timsfitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. You all have been very helpful and understanding.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 12:43:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 12:43:07