Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How much to turn this into a fpsc model?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want this turned into a fpsc model with hooked up with animation pre done. He needs to be an character that can be interacted with?

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/220356
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 21:53
that model is over $200.

You could get someone to make you a new George Bush model from scratch and make it FPSC ready for less than that.

Not only that. If you did fork out for the turbosquid model, it would never run in FPSC because it is far too many polys.

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the max amount of polys allowed in fpsc and could someone here make a model of similar quality and if so how much.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 22:13
Char sizes are generally like 1k- 2.5k tris/poly and from 20 to 40$ for a custom one of a kind model depending on the models detail. Custom animations would run you allot.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 22:16
and custom animation means you'll need a custom script to go with it.

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
40.00 would be just fine with me for just the model.. How much to have him set up so that I can use the converation script with him as well as any of the other action scripts used with the rest of the characters in the game?
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
And how much for a script that will have him due that stupid laugh of his?

BTW, I am serious, if you all have talent I have money. I am working on a game that will work with a book I am writing about government espionage, and I suck at modeling so I am needing people I can call on once in awhile to do some custom work for me.

BTW.. Something I can use now.. Does anyone have the presidential seal?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 22:41 Edited at: 19th Sep 2006 22:58
Well I could do a model of ole GB for ya. The standard animations would be part of the price. I'll do it for 30 bucks. A laughing animation would be extra as thats all by hand. I guess Id need to know how you wanted him laughing....I mean if hes like standing and talking to someone and you just see him shrug and laugh at some char next to him, his idle animation numbers can just be replaced in his fpe which isnt anything more really. If you need him to laugh at a moment like when you walk up to him that of course would require a script and to be honest my scripting abilities arent that defined yet as Im still on the modeling /textureing parts of my game. I can tell you the frames of the addition of the laugh animation that could possibly be done by another forum member.

To look at my models look up the FPSX media thread on the same page as this thread. Theres also other views of my work among the threads. Probably take me 2 days to make just the model. A evening on the model and a evening on the texture. Attaching the standard fpsc animations is no extra time and is done really when the things exported. A custom animations of 100 or so frames would take an evening in it self getting everything just right.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I plan to put him on a podium addressing the nation, I have a large collection of his speeches that I plan to tear apart and to use for wording in this speech.. This is a little later in development.. How much would you charge for a 1 minute full animation of gwb addressing the nation.. Decent poly
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I am also wanting the reguler model for $30 just for basic game crap.

I would prefer maya, bu 3ds would be fine for the other.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 23:58 Edited at: 19th Sep 2006 23:59
One full minute of animations would cost way to much. Theres only 94 seconds in all of TGC animations totaled. Youd be better off doing an animation of some simple hand gestures/laugh that loop. A minute of animations at the 25 frames a second FPSC requires, is 1500 frames. And I personally would charge you 200$ for 1500 frames. The reason FPSC can sell so cheap is shear volume.....for a one of a kinda deal even 200 is a decent deal. Contact me on my site with the link provided below if your serious. We'll discuss things either in pms or on a forum that dosen't keep bumping this thread with information not pertinent to the rest of the community.

It can be provided in 3ds or in x format but I don't own Maya.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to get ready for class at 5:30 I will be back online tonight for a few hours and i will contact you via your forums.

But ya, I am needing him to give a full speech, if you have ideas that will save frames, I am willing to listen. Also we can go to a certain point such as him just on stage with a few frames just to get a feel.

Also what version of 3ds max do you use. and can 3ds max be imported into maya? Just think about my question and we can talk via your board.
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 02:34
I think 3ds max can export to obj which maya can import I think?

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I have posted a message in your forum
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 09:32
Quote: "I plan to put him on a podium addressing the nation, I have a large collection of his speeches that I plan to tear apart and to use for wording in this speech.. This is a little later in development"

I think someone has a little too much time

Quote: "I have to get ready for class at 5:30"

I could have guessed...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:24:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:24:21