Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Reload animation messed plz help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. Me again, I have an AK-47 im working on, and I cant get the reload animation to work right. When i reload i dont actually see the clip seperate from the AK, however, in 3ds max 7 the animation works just fine. I have a theory to wheat may be causing this, but i decided I'd ask before doing so and wasting my time.

My theory is that i should detach the clip and redo the entire animation, but like I said, I dont want to waste my time.

BTW, if i should pehaps post a video of the two animations i wouldnt mind, but thats if its necissary, and i think my question is pretty strait foward about how to detach my clip.

Thanks

--BuLLet aka M Mick

bullet?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
The magazine (AKs don't use clips) should be a seperate object in max. I've been doing all moving parts as seperate objects linked together and exporting together and it works fine.

Haven't tried anything using vertex animation yet though, so maybe someone else can tell you how to get that to work.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 09:56
Clips and Magazines are the same?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 10:15 Edited at: 20th Sep 2006 10:29
Your mag/clip or whatever you wanna call can be linked together with a simple script in 3d max. You don't want to do vertex animations.

Say you named the base "gun01" and the clip "clip01". You want the gun01 object to be the parent of the clip01 object.
First thing open MAXscript and select "new script"
When the box comes up use this code or similar naming the items youve got in the scene that you want linked.

Code:
$clip01.parent = $gun01

Save this script and name it as you wish. Then from the MAXScript button choose "Run Script..." and choose the script you just wrote for the objects.

Now when you move gun01 for your animation clip01 folows its every move. clip01 can then be moved in and out of gun01, say for the reload animation and gun01 isn't effected by it's movement at all.

I hope this helps
Loc
BuLLet 04
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thx that helped alot

@ loc

couldnt i just link the two? (using 3ds max 7/8) like u said as make the gun the parent or do i need to make the script to?

bullet?
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 23:46
Quote: "Clips and Magazines are the same?"

No, clips and magazines are not the same. A clip is a strip of metal that is used when reloading certain rifles or magazines. The clip basically holds bullets and they can be used to fill magazines quickly. A magazine is a metal box that has a spring in it.

http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 02:04
Not sure if the linking your talkin about makes one the Parent...link and parent/child are 2 different things. Ive worked with 6 so long that having an update, I still find myself using many of the same methods I did. If your "linking" allows the object I refer to as a child move independently of the mesh I call the parent, and the parent makes both meshes act the same then fine.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 02:18
I ahev loaded many M-16 magazines using the clip. though every once in a while a round would go flying across the floor.

-On topic- Could use just enclude the magazine in the same animation sequence? just have the clip move far enough away from the gun and then animate it going back in to the gun. seems that this would work best. Does your muzzle point up when reloading or does it turn to the side? you may have the gun positioned to low on the hud.

RF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:27:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:27:02