Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Model/Texture problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey,
I have just been trying to import my stage speaker model into FPSC to see how it looks in game. I did the UV mapping and everything (in Blender). When I rendered it in Blender all looked fine, but in FPSC this happens (see pic). The bit at the top of the speaker is completely transparent!
Can anyone help?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
addictinit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 00:18
if any part of the texture is perfect black 0,0,0 then it with be transparant in fpsc, apart from than i dont know what else could be wrong

sorry if i use '2, ur, thx..' speek cant help it!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 00:40
yes, that happened to me before, simply change the black to 1,1,1 or something like that and you are good to go, it worked for me.

Visit raptorgames.net for games, movies, and other stuff
I am the only person who runs it. Sign the guest book!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 01:47
Though you should check to see if you applied the texture to the correct side of the uvmap. if it is placed on the wrong side you will get the same effect.

RF
Unreal Graphics
Years of Service
User Offline
There is no true black in the image.
I just re-modelled the speaker from scratch in case there was a fault in the mesh. I had the same thing where the top faces are not textured. In Blender's UV Face Select view those faces do appear invisible. But I just selected those faces and set them to two-sided. This appears to have made them visible again

I'll texture it and put it into FPSC and see what happens.

Fingers crossed!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:25:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:25:16