Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Using FTP , can one specify a PORT # via the url?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 13:05
Using FTP , can one specify a PORT # via the url?

It has been some time since i used DBC , and i'm wondering when i get my DBP will i be able to specify a port number for ftp in the Url String portion of the "FTP CONNECT Url String, User String, Password String"

I will try and test this , as i don;t have full help files till my full copy arrives

Thanks in advance. :-s

Note. the end use will be a auto updating system for my aps. I wrote a FTP server and a HTTP server in VB 6 and i plan on using them to supply updates and patches and such. I just like auto updating stuff.

I wrote a FTP app in DBC (darkmatter) and i lost the code .
Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
well... with the FTP CommandSet supplied with DB you can't specify the port. the FTP CommandSet uses port 21 which is usually reserved for FTP connections so that's what the commands use etc...

Do not anticipate the outcome of the engagement, let nature take it's course, and your tools will strike at the right moment - from "Tao of Jeet Kune Do" by Bruce Lee
Prime_8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 23:26
Dang.

Ah well. I could set my router to remap port 21 to where my FTP realy is. HMM.

Man , i know simple ftp is an unusual commandset to just have acces to in a language. But dang you think ther would be a way to specify a port.

Well i may just make a lobby app in C.

the real aim was auto updating like one would see when trying to connect to a online game like AVP2 , or Battlenet for startcraft.
anyhow it's only a small problem.

Thanks all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:52:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:52:22