Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 17:16
hello... ive been using DBP for about a month on and off... im trying to write a space shoot em up game to get some of the basic 2d functions down before i try to move on to anything to crazy... I have my ship on screen and moving, then if u hit space bar he will fire a missle... to do this i just used a seperate sprite cause i want only one on screen at a time... i also want to fire a laser when the up key is pressed... i can get it to work as a sprite as well but only one at a time on screen... someone said that i need an array and gave an example but i just couldnt seem to get it to work in my code... i just need help setting up (and understanding) the array needed to fire the laser from myship... here is the working code that i have now

Thanks
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 22:20
Sixty Squares wrote a tutorial on arrays, so I'm not going to try to explain them myself.

It is difficult to add to your code without having the files, so I made a quick demo on how to have multiple bullets firing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:33:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:33:40