Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 21:51
I am writing a small application that allows for users to create useful code blocks simply by clicking buttons. I think it would be useful for those that have problems making codes say, for shooting or making menus, etc. Basically it is a library of useful codes and functions in DBC and DDBC Enhanced(which is what I have). Anyone have an opinion on this? I believe it would clear up many of the same questions asked by new programmers continue to post even though they've been answered. Half the time I have no idea why no one searches for topics before posting unless it wasn't a good answer. Anyway, please comment if you find this to be a good idea.

Downfall:Arena by Terra Design Studios(TDS) is currently in development. Features full online or AI multiplayer maps, with 35 online maps and 15 AI maps. Demo release date will be somtime in October.
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 22:22 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2006 22:26
Hi Soroki,

Check out this post. I believe Gamers For Sale (GFS) has been working on somthing very similar...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86737&b=10

You may want to check with GFS to see how it's progressing in case you end up reinventing the wheel.

Also, in DBC th IDE Dark Edit has the ability to insert functions or blocks of code. Here's an excerpt from the help file:

For those that use DarkEDIT, it might be very useful If you created a template folder and inside it put a series of functions or blocks of code. It could be zipped up and then to install it, one could just copy the folder to the proper directory.

Enjoy your day.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 03:35
I've actually been toying around with a similar idea for java code. Using a database of pre-existing applications, their code is scanned and parsed. The program would allow users to select what they want in a particular program and this would deliver the code if it was found in the database. This would be much more complex than simply using code templates as it would basically create templates from actual code pulled from existing sources. A bit of AI and fancy algorithms is needed, hence why this is still just an idea of mine.

"Using Unix is the computing equivalent of listening only to music by David Cassidy" - Rob Pike
whipped6
Years of Service
User Offline
soroki me myself im a beginner but i know a little bit of coding but your idea its a very good idea i think u should go for it its a really good idea and may i suggest some other things that u could make for beginners u could make like a little game helper that will give you help making basic games from pong to chess i dont know how good of a programmer you are but u seem like pretty darn good one so i think its a very good idea good luck

game creator
Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 00:36 Edited at: 25th Sep 2006 00:37
I ended up quiting the project because of how long it would take and I have another project that would take a large amount of time called dark world (Massive DBpro tool set). Feel free to go with it though and I would be happy to help with what I have so far.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 02:23 Edited at: 25th Sep 2006 02:24
Sounds like a cool idea! I made a very messy one where you place objects and it exports the code, but the controls aren't the best around (lots of keys). Anyway, you can move, rotate, and scale objects with it. It's not posted yet because I'm not sure if I should post it.

Ummm...
Soroki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 20:38 Edited at: 25th Sep 2006 21:01
Cool. Thanks you guys! I will get to work soon. If you want to have your own codes for the library put in then feel free to post them. I am making this in DBC, and it will need many codes. I have some I made myself, but I really think other programmers should get their useful works recognized if only by a few.

@ Sixty Squares: post your app! I replied to your post before, if you recall, and I thought it was an excellent idea. I beleive it may be helpful to many of us, including myslef, as object placement is annoying at times.

Again, thanks to all. I never knew if my idea was good, so I had to ask.

EDIT: I am changing the name to Dark Code Generator(DCG)
Sound okay?

Downfall:Arena by Terra Design Studios(TDS) is currently in development. Features full online or AI multiplayer maps, with 35 online maps and 15 AI maps. Demo release date will be somtime in October.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:28:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:28:09