Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / plane's: untexture you can have them

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 01:23 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 01:49
hi me again as you probably know im crap at textureing so this time you can do it
i'v made a plane, or 2 if you want, one has 536pol's and the other 1194pol's
as thay are untexture am asking you if you can do it for me and post them back here please
there are in 3ds and i'v unmapped them all you need to do is paint over the .bmp file
here's a picture of the 1194

coments please good or bad, please, means i can o better next time

sorry if i use '2, ur, thx..' speek cant help it!
http://www.freewebs.com/addictinit/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 01:39
ok some pointers for you.

1. Dont use the cylinder, it's alot of poly's. try using a box and extrude it.
2.instead of arrow shaped wings,vertical stab and aelerons (spelling??) try using obtruse triangles. (spelling again )

other than that keep it up man!

RF
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 02:05 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 02:12
Although I say this respectfully, RF is mistaken about using a box on this. You did the right thing with a capsule but you don't need so many sides.8/10/or 12 would all have done fine in this situation. Another thing is you have the divisions along the length(and 8 probably wouldn't be to many) but you don't use these divisions for say the cockpit windows, the bulge of the belly, the sections on each side of the wings, the tapering of the tail section(and this is without looking at any reference image)

Even though this tutorial is for modeling characters and not ridged objects, this kinda tell why the old adage of box modeling is not only dated but doesn't allow for a very well planed out work pipeline when concerning items that arent square. I mean....a planes still rounded right? Why would a box better benefit its design?
http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/benmathis/benmathis_1.asp

Then to agree with RF, the wings are barely that. Wheres the slanted back shape I've always seen?. I'm not looking at an image but aren't they thicker in the front then on the rear? The use of a reference image will go along way in helping your creations. In fact heres a site with blueprints. Cut these images up in your graphics prog and set up images on planes(not the kind your making but a 3d plane meaning 2 tris making 1 square polygon)
http://www.the-blueprints.com/modules/bpview/bpview.php?nr=1844
addictinit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 14:10
thanks i'll try again

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 18:47
Locrain- with that 747 I would use a box method on the fuselage. you would probably end up eating alot of polys trying to accomplish that with a cylinder. Also I work on airplanes so I see them for about 12 hours a day, all types from fighters, bombers, airliners and cargo. If you haven't guessed it by now I'm in the military. I have read alot that says box modeling is outdated but it is still a great method to learn with and for lowpoly stuff it works rather well. I would recommend addictinit use box modeling for this. but that is my opinion.

RF
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 19:04
@RF
Well thats where our style differed RF... I ment no offence as I said. Making it as a box is just counterproductive. But to each their own. If you'd like to make a little wager on making an airplane model and how well it turns out I'd be willing. Maybe get some mod as a judge....say for the price of one piece of custom media made by the looser of the winners choice? Just for fun of course...and in the intrest of the test. Dont have to, and im not calling ya out here...this isnt a beef...just friendly forum play.

@addictinit
Well I hope no matter what method you choose the blue prints helped. We'll see on your next version.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 20:17 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 20:20
Locrian- Good 'ol forum play is awsome! It builds comradery. I don't have a beef with you and never will so I accept this challenge <takes of white glove and slaps you in the face>....this is going to be fun!

RF

My skills aren't that great, but I'm game!

we'll use the 747 picture for the model, I am moving this to the 3d caht board
addictinit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 20:48
i've given up on trying to make the plane because i couldnt do it i tryed with the blueprints but it came out wrong, insted i've found a siple truck that im guna try to make use ing the blueprints i'll come back to it some time
thanks guys/galls

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:28:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:28:27