Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / dynamic entities losing collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I import 3ds models converted to .x into fpsc I lose collision properties when I make them dynamic,dont seem to have this problem when they are static.I have checked out the dynamic models that come with the program and they do have collision e.g. crates/doors .This is giving me major problems with doors which I want locked as they will lose animation if static.I have tried all collision settings in entity maker to no avail.Any help with this would be appreciated,thanks.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
After a lot of testing it appears this only happens to entities with animation, and any non-animated dynamic entities introduced into map afterwards seem to inherit the same fault.What am I doing wrong here? I really like this software, learned a lot about game creation,and have picked up a lot of skills from these forums,but this is getting the better of me and I just cant figure it out.Has anybody else encountered the same problem, or is it just me being a noob?
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
O.k,I reckon the problem here is with the .x file the only workaround I had to this was to scale and retexture existing doors in fpsc, not ideal if you want custom shaped doors,now I have another problem, if a custom made dynamic entity is hiding a character, the character doesn't spawn until a few seconds after you walk right up to their position, good if you want an enemy to appear from nowhere all sudden like,not what I require tho'.
Surely someone else on these forums is creating their own models using max, and may or may not have encountered these problems.I have been modeling and animating in 3ds for 5 years now,and I am comfortable with it,so I dont particularly want to have to have to learn yet another program for what is basically a bit of fun software(fpsc).Also dont know right now if this is a script,bug or media problem if its not confirmed by someone else having having same issues,so maybe I'm posting in the wrong forum.
Tried every which way.

Heres the routines,
From 3ds to x, pandasoft exporter,deep exploration,milkshape,DeleD.
From .x to entity, fpsc entity maker,E.C.S Lite(entities appear as white globes in fpsc,even tho they appear fine in ecs preview window,would buy pro if I thought it would help),also tried using existing fpe files in entitybank.

P.s. Strangely this does not affect collision if animated model is a character,maybe something about modifier stacking.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:26:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:26:10