Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help me making a game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 18:07
i want to make a game were you controll a army,with sword.maby some bows and arrows too??

here is the game story:
its war,and you and your little army needs to fight your way out.
you will start with 6 mans,3 with sword and 3 with bows.
but you will pick up more mans.
you are the only one that know what to do,so you need to control evrybody.
i think that the arrow keys wil control you!a,s,d,w the sword mans(fight with space)and j,k,l,i the bow mans (shoot with H)
but i dont know how to do it.
so i need help with that.
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 20:32
hello, aleks. Sounds nice. So you should study the RTS genre alot. Also, you need to get comfortable with programming. That is more a task for you to do on your own.

I do not have much time to find out where you should start, but I can say that...if you are intending to make any sort of requests about forming a team...don't It is against the forum policy.

Having said that...I am willing to help get you started, but...use the little e-mail button under my post, and e-mail me. I will write you a little starter app so that you can start putting your specific logic and whatnot into.

In the meantime...do the tutorials. Get familiar with the editor, start collecting legal media. Write your story lines. Engage your friends in this pursuit in an active manner. You have alot of work to do...get cracking!
Happy coding!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 00:55
Do you have DBP? It seems that you are clueless as to how to make a game, so I'd suggest checking out my guide before getting into it .
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=89180&b=7

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:41:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:41:17