Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / lock object on?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
if i were to use the "lock object on" command, does the object just move with the camera or is it like turning the obect into an interface? what i mean is, (i know there are better ways but this is just an example) if you locked a gun on a camera for a multiplayer fps, is the gun visible by other players or just to the camera its locked to?
thx again!
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2006 01:19
it like it is glued to the camera I not so sure about mfps.
srry.
Your Welcome!

I am sorry for spamming and posting ridiculous posts, I will not do it again.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2006 01:36
Multiplayer doesn't work that way.

If you have a gun glued to the screen in one client, the other client won't see anything until you make a gun for it and place it at the right spot. So likewise you can have the player see the gun, and all the other players see a person holding a gun.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2006 10:58 Edited at: 27th Sep 2006 10:59
I think your problem is in the way you understand the implementation of an FPS, rather than Locking objects.

Player 1 will render his own screen, Player 2 will render his screen independantly of yours.

In an FPS, Player 1 will hide his character model, show a gun locked to the screen, and place the camera in his position. He will also render the Player 2 character in position.

Player 2 will hide his character model, show a gun locked to the screen, and place the camera in his position. He will also render the Player 1 character in position.

I hope that makes sense - each player is rendering their own version of the scene, and what the other person is rendering in their view is totally irrelevant. You are both interpreting the same data from different viewpoints.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:41:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:41:00