Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My Questions....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 22:09
Ive got some questions wonder if you kind people can answer these for me.

1.What model formats does dark basic pro allow to be used?
2.Can i make my world in 3ds max and export it as the model format needed... and then add it into my game?
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 22:45
1. It handles .x and .dbo formats best.
2. I am pretty sure (~90%) that 3ds max can export .x, but I don't use 3ds max.

FlameDan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 23:04
Thank you for answering i hope to keep this thread as my question topic from now on.. So that i dont spam your forums here
Anyway i know 3ds max cant export .x without downloading a exporter... but i have found quite a few.I was just wondering if it was possible. How can i get my modelsin dbo format?
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 00:32
1. It handles .3ds .x .dbo .bsp and .mdl/3 (?) but best/fastest are .x and .dbo

2. 3dsmax can export .x use google and type panda exporter and theres lot of converters in forums wiht you can convert .x to .dbo if you want..

FlameDan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 01:57
This is a question that shows how big of noobs we are when it comes to programming. But hopefully you guys can help us out

We have are world model now in .x format, Now how do we get it to load up? in dbpro? Sorry for the noob questions guys. We will learn...
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 07:48
Quote: "We have are world model now in .x format, Now how do we get it to load up? in dbpro? Sorry for the noob questions guys. We will learn..."

You'd first export it to the directory you want it, then save a DBP project, and load the world from the directory using "load object "[object path]", [object number]". For example:

Then there's a ton of object manipulation commands such as scaling the object, positioning the object, rotating the object, etc. that you can find by pressing F1 in DBP and looking under "Commands" then "Basic 3D Commands". And no need to apologize, you seem to be starting out about 10 times better than most noobs do here . Hope that helped .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
FlameDan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 15:21
Thank You!I understand some stuff much better now... I started reading the want to make a rpg tutorial.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 05:29
Good, that's a good place to start . If you are completely new to game making and want to know what it involves, see if my guide helps you : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=89180&b=7

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:37:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:37:42